Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Latest OC 0.7.6 if anyone needs it. Just generate your own platform info. This uses the MacBookPro 13,3 SMBios. All latest kexts and resources.
This is an i7 4K model Dell 7559 running 12.0.1 Monterey.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.5 MB · Views: 156
Latest OC 0.7.6 if anyone needs it. Just generate your own platform info. This uses the MacBookPro 13,3 SMBios. All latest kexts and resources.

If anyone gets this error while booting the EFI:

OC: grabbed zero system-id for SB, this is not allowed.

Do this:

Open the config.plist in Opencore Configurator

Go to Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel and make sure is set to Disabled

Also if you have Intel Wifi card, add Airportitlwm.kext and then run Propertree.command and you’ll be good to go.

Hello, I just want to try to fresh install macOS Monterey for my Inspiron from now. If I don't have the 4K display, what should I edit to use this EFI files? What version of BIOS could be used?
Also how do I use GenSMBIOS?
Sorry if the questions seems to be too basic, hope anyone could help ><

Hello, I just want to try to fresh install macOS Monterey for my Inspiron from now. If I don't have the 4K display, what should I edit to use this EFI files? What version of BIOS could be used?
Also how do I use GenSMBIOS?
Sorry if the questions seems to be too basic, hope anyone could help ><
I actually got to boot OpenCore until the OS picker now. Also figured how to use GenSMBIOS, too.
The problem is I got stuck with black screen after choosing macOS installer. I've read other's posts here and tried to remove EDID for 4k screen in config.plist, but I don't know if I've got it correctly.
Currently, I deleted the entry with key AAPL00,override-no-connect under DeviceProperties > Add > PciRoot (the one that related to graphics). Is this sufficient? Or is there another problem? I can't seem to get verbose boot to show, too.

My system (& installer) current configuration:
- BIOS: 1.3.1
- BIOS settings are adjusted according to post 1
- Processor: i7-6700HQ
- Monitor: 1080p non-touch
- OC: 0.7.6, with all EFI files from above posts
- SMBIOS: MacBookPro 13,3
- Installer: macOS Monterey 12.0.1

If possible I want to put some logs too, but I don't see logs anywhere from either OC or installer boot.

Before I saw this I started from scratch building a Monterey OC folder and was able to clean up a lot of the ACPI stuff, changed audio and graphics in device properties, and the trackpad now works with different voodoo kexts... this works on the non-4k version. (I think adding -cdfon as a boot arg will work on 4k displays, not sure).

Attachments

• 0.7.5.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Before I saw this I started from scratch building a Monterey OC folder and was able to clean up a lot of the ACPI stuff, changed audio and graphics in device properties, and the trackpad now works with different voodoo kexts... this works on the non-4k version. (I think adding -cdfon as a boot arg will work on 4k displays, not sure).
I've tried this EFI files, but still stuck at black screen after OS picker...
It doesn't seem like it boots or anything

I've tried this EFI files, but still stuck at black screen after OS picker...
It doesn't seem like it boots or anything
Were you able to get past the OS picker with the @slipaknot folder? If you're getting blank screens with all OC folders then you should double check your bios settings.

- AHCI mode should be selected under SATA
- Disable VT for direct I/O
- Advanced Battery Charging should be disabled
- Secure boot should be disabled
- turn off SupportAssist System Resolution (this will disable the occasional hardware check that prevents booting)
- Firmware TPM should be disabled.
- Load Legacy Option Rom (Enables Clover to show on external display)
- Save the settings and reboot
- Press F12 on boot screen and under other options disable Pheriperial Device Setting (OPROM Setting)

Note: If it’s disabled you shouldn’t see any Legacy options under “F12 screen”

Were you able to get past the OS picker with the @slipaknot folder? If you're getting blank screens with all OC folders then you should double check your bios settings.

- AHCI mode should be selected under SATA
- Disable VT for direct I/O
- Advanced Battery Charging should be disabled
- Secure boot should be disabled
- turn off SupportAssist System Resolution (this will disable the occasional hardware check that prevents booting)
- Firmware TPM should be disabled.
- Load Legacy Option Rom (Enables Clover to show on external display)
- Save the settings and reboot
- Press F12 on boot screen and under other options disable Pheriperial Device Setting (OPROM Setting)

Note: If it’s disabled you shouldn’t see any Legacy options under “F12 screen”
I've downgrade my BIOS to 1.2.9, and reset my settings before setting them to the values written in that post, but still got nothing but black screen. I even tried to reset NVRAM, too, but to no avail...
Should I try using clover first then convert it to OpenCore after succesful install? If possible, I want to be able to install directly using OpenCore to avoid unnecessary steps.

I've downgrade my BIOS to 1.2.9, and reset my settings before setting them to the values written in that post, but still got nothing but black screen. I even tried to reset NVRAM, too, but to no avail...
Should I try using clover first then convert it to OpenCore after succesful install? If possible, I want to be able to install directly using OpenCore to avoid unnecessary steps.
Give this EFI a try. Make sure to add your SMBIOS info to platform info.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.6 MB · Views: 99
Back