Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Hi,
I am on OC 0.70 with Big Sur on Dell 7559 with i5-6300 HQ. My battery and sleep doesn't seem to work, I have tried the guides to patch DSDT, that method worked on Clover, and on Catalina, but never with Big Sur. Would really appreciate any help.
Thanks

That did the trick! (So far!) Thank again for your help!

Edit: After ironing some annoyances I managed to upgrade to OC 0.6.9 and I'm flawlessly running Big Sur 11.4

Thanks again hlfhi!
HI Zurdok,

I see we both have the same laptop and I see you are on Big Sur with working battery, Can you help me with your OC folder?

Thank you

HI Zurdok,

I see we both have the same laptop and I see you are on Big Sur with working battery, Can you help me with your OC folder?

Thank you
Hi, do you have the best solution for your machine. I am also having the same problem. Looking forward to your support and answers.

That did the trick! (So far!) Thank again for your help!

Edit: After ironing some annoyances I managed to upgrade to OC 0.6.9 and I'm flawlessly running Big Sur 11.4

Thanks again hlfhi!
Hi, a couple of questions from a first poster performing his first installation ever:
  • Did you find a way to boot Big Sur without the gray screen workaround (directly in EFI, not by using Clover in Legacy mode)? Which BIOS version are you using, and can you share your config?
  • Can you share your EFI, please? It would be a great starting point.
So far I couldn't go past the black screen after the OC boot picker...

Hi, a couple of questions from a first poster performing his first installation ever:
  • Did you find a way to boot Big Sur without the gray screen workaround (directly in EFI, not by using Clover in Legacy mode)? Which BIOS version are you using, and can you share your config?
I have not been able to boot directly into the efi without doing one of the following : using clover legacy, grey screen workaround for open core, or repeatedly pulling the battery cable on the motherboard. Not sure why this is , but there seems to be no downside to the grey screen workaround. I will soon be retiring my 7559 machine as somehow both of their 960m gpu died. Thankfully this does not affect the hackintosh, but it really neuters them in Windows.

Hi, do you have the best solution for your machine. I am also having the same problem. Looking forward to your support and answers.
Hi,

i actually followed the guide on dortina, its pretty straightforward and doesn’t take long to build EFI. Let me know if you come across any issues. I might be able to help.

I have not been able to boot directly into the efi without doing one of the following : using clover legacy, grey screen workaround for open core, or repeatedly pulling the battery cable on the motherboard. Not sure why this is , but there seems to be no downside to the grey screen workaround. I will soon be retiring my 7559 machine as somehow both of their 960m gpu died. Thankfully this does not affect the hackintosh, but it really neuters them in Windows.
Hi , do you have Dell 7559 with i5? I need help with battery patching.

If anyone needs OC 0.7.1 EFI with updated kexts, you can use this. Just change the serial number and stuff in config.plist.

P.S I have i7 4k touch model.

Attachments

• EFI-0.7.1.zip
    18.5 MB · Views: 192
What helped me boot from OC directly without the grey screen work around was using the BIOS settings recommended in the first post.
Reset your BIOS settings and try using the recommended ones.
Also, what is your BIOS version?

If anyone needs OC 0.7.1 EFI with updated kexts, you can use this. Just change the serial number and stuff in config.plist.

P.S I have i7 4k touch model.I
greetings, my 7559 is not 4k, should I remove AAPL00,override-no-connect?

Back