Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

I can make a video of this process as it is new and follows corrupting an efi to boot another. If anyone needs it as it is a convaluted process.
Great. If there is a video, it will help me and everyone a lot. I think a lot of people will have the same problem as me

I can make a video of this process as it is new and follows corrupting an efi to boot another. If anyone needs it as it is a convaluted process.
I will have to make it, no one has used this method most see the grey screen as a failure notice. It normally is a failure notice and I will have to make the video, as there is no documented proof of this method,I discovered it by brute Force and chance to get the Dell 7559s to work consistently and correctly with UEFI opencore.

Last edited:
I will have to make it, no one has used this method most see the grey screen as a failure notice. It normally is a failure notice and I will have to make the video as there is no documted proof of this method I discovered it by brute Force and chance to get the Dell 7559s to work consistently and correctly with UEFI opencore.
I will try to do as you say. But I look forward to your video. Thanks for your sharing.

Okay here is the demonstration, I'm working on a guide. This video shows proof of the same UEFI efi not working, when I boot directly. It only works when I boot from the grey screen!

Last edited:
Okay here is the demonstration I'm working on a guide. This video shows proof of the same UEFI efi not working when I boot directly. It only works when I boot from the grey screen!

how to create second HDD partition. What files are there in there?

how to create second HDD partition. What files are there in there?
I made another partition on my bigsur hdd. I installed clover like this

1. Install Clover (v4920 till May,2019) on USB:
      --Set install location on USB
      --Click Customize, select:
        Install at EFI section
        Bios0af
        BiosBlockIO
        drivers64/ApfsDriverLoader.efi
        Install RC Scipts to all Bootable partition & Install extra RC Script

This is the only way for it to show up as a legacy device and trigger the 7.
I then added these bios files, instead of the correct ones and used a Open core efi. I click second hard drive and it works.

Now this final step is the hardest and I would recommend getting the gray screen to work properly with a USB first.

Last edited:
I made another partition on my bigsur hdd. I installed clover like this

1. Install Clover (v4920 till May,2019) on USB:
      --Set install location on USB
      --Click Customize, select:
        Install at EFI section
        Bios0af
        BiosBlockIO
        drivers64/ApfsDriverLoader.efi
        Install RC Scipts to all Bootable partition & Install extra RC Script

This is the only way for it to show up as a legacy device and trigger the 7.
I then added these bios files instead of the correct ones and used a Open core efi. I click second hard drive and it works.

Now this final step is the hardest and I would recommend getting the gray screen to work properly with a USB first.
so 2 usb we will do the following:
Usb 1: OpenCore (with MacOS and EFI files)
USB 2: Clover

When the operation is successful. Then will convert usb 2 into 1 partition in the hard drive

so 2 usb we will do the following:
Usb 1: OpenCore (with MacOS and EFI files)
USB 2: Clover

When the operation is successful. Then will convert usb 2 into 1 partition in the hard drive
Yes exactly! usb 1 importantly has a LEGACY CLOVER that boots with 7 in the top left corner!!!

Yes exactly! usb 1 importantly has a LEGACY CLOVER that boots with 7 in the top left corner!!!
But I don't know how to create that Usb. Do you have a link to the tutorial?

Here is a screenshot by screenshot tutorial, now it is very important you use this exact clover, as it creates a legacy (7) boot device properly and is before the O.C merger.

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Back