Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

I read up a few threads on ****** and other forums and I think my problem is that I am dual booting atm, so windows might be messing around with OC boot files. Gonna have to try until I install an m2 ssd.
It shouldn't matter. Im Triple booting Windows, Linux and Mac on 1 SSD in this laptop. Works fine. Now I also have an M.2 drive that actually just fried 2 days ago in this laptop. Its headed for RMA. I used to run 2 partitions of MacOS on it and Windows, Linux on the main SSD drive. Worked either way.

Ill give it a shot. I have yet to be able to install Big Sur on the 7559. But I've always tried a the new install process. Ill try just updating
Still no luck booting Big Sur. Im trying a normal upgrade from Catalina 10.15.7 to 11.0.1 release candidate. No luck. I always crash around gIOScreenLockState and AppleAccuatorDeviceUserClient:Start Entered

Still no luck booting Big Sur. Im trying a normal upgrade from Catalina 10.15.7 to 11.0.1 release candidate. No luck. I always crash around gIOScreenLockState and AppleAccuatorDeviceUserClient:Start Entered
If you use the OC folder I posted the only thing you need to add is the "-cdfon" bootflag for the 4k display and it should work. If not it could be a BIOS setting. Make sure secureboot is disabled and these:
IMG_1703.jpeg

IMG_1704.jpeg

Last edited:
Also, for me it seemed to be stuck or frozen at a couple of times for 5-10 minutes but after awhile it continued.

Using your EFI as we speak. Still stuck in the same spot. It goes through 3 reboots and this is were it sticks during the 3rd boot process. This is an upgrade from 10.15.7 to Big Sur.

Attachments

• 20201106_142334.jpg
    20201106_142334.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 42
Using your EFI as we speak. Still stuck in the same spot. It goes through 3 reboots and this is were it sticks during the 3rd boot process. This is an upgrade from 10.15.7 to Big Sur.
I think the 3rd reboot is where I thought it was stuck for me too but I waited for about 10 minutes and it continued. I also upgraded from 10.15.7

I think the 3rd reboot is where I thought it was stuck for me too but I waited for about 10 minutes and it continued. I also upgraded from 10.15.7
It strange because my reboots never show that its installing anything, verbose gets to a certain point and just reboots. It have been at this 3rd point for 45 mins. I finally gave up on it lol

It shouldn't matter. Im Triple booting Windows, Linux and Mac on 1 SSD in this laptop. Works fine. Now I also have an M.2 drive that actually just fried 2 days ago in this laptop. Its headed for RMA. I used to run 2 partitions of MacOS on it and Windows, Linux on the main SSD drive. Worked either way.
Alright gonna keep trying, also, doesn't opencore use the fake smbios info on windows? Won't that affect the dGPU on windows too?

@jcarcinogen How are you figuring out how to set "target bridge count" in ACPI patch for OpenCore. Say on our Touch pads when using GENi2c. In Clover we could set target bridge. I see in OpenCore its a "skip" count. How are you figuring out what to set?

Hello, thank you for your effort, it's really great !!

I followed your tutorial and I downloaded the opencore project in the attachment and I installed BigSur everything works fine except the HDMI :banghead: please help me to solve this problem

Back