Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Yes I'm using that flag. Seems to have no effect on my laptop for HDMI. My latest EFI is attached
I physically unplug my internal display because I use my laptop as a desktop with an external monitor using the hdmi port. If I unplug the hdmi cable and replug in the internal monitor I get a black screen when booting opencore but if I cntrol+alt+del restart it will then boot on the second try. It will do the same thing when I switch back to hdmi too but after control+alt+del it doesn't happen again.

I left the default "AAPL,ig-platform-id" without any values for the iGPU in the DeviceProperties section of the config.plist as the guide said and I got graphic acceleration. (see config in the OC folder attached to the original post) I noticed that you did set values, I wonder if that might be worth changing/testing.

Last edited:
I physically unplug my internal display because I use my laptop as a desktop with an external monitor using the hdmi port. If I unplug the hdmi cable and replug in the internal monitor I get a black screen when booting opencore but if I cntrol+alt+del restart it will then boot on the second try. It will do the same thing when I switch back to hdmi too but after control+alt+del it doesn't happen again.

I left the default "AAPL,ig-platform-id" without any values for the iGPU in the DeviceProperties section of the config.plist as the guide said and I got graphic acceleration. (see config in the OC folder attached to the original post) I noticed that you did set values, I wonder if that might be worth changing/testing.
Tried clearing out all properties in my GPU section in Opencore. I just left the AAPL platform ID. It boots normal and still has acceleration. Still HDMI output is a no go. Even it Hackintools Patch/Connectors setting shows nothing when plugging in an HDMI cable. Ive tried rebooting, closing the lid, unplugging, replugging etc... No change. Now Windows and Linux works fine for the HDMI output. So I'm missing something

I kinda got it working now, using legacy boot instead of UEFI, but instead of going straight to the Opencore menu it takes me to this menu instead:

1604589782855.png

I have to go into boot manager and pick the efi boot file manually.

Did anyone else have this problem?

I kinda got it working now, using legacy boot instead of UEFI, but instead of going straight to the Opencore menu it takes me to this menu instead:

View attachment 494294

I have to go into boot manager and pick the efi boot file manually.

Did anyone else have this problem?
I would stick with UEFI boot only. Go back into BIOS and select UEFI. Did you try the Clover USB boot method?

I would stick with UEFI boot only. Go back into BIOS and select UEFI. Did you try the Clover USB boot method?
Yeah, I tried but it didn't work, I'm starting to give up and stick to both clover and catalina lol

Hello,

I've a 10.15.7 (Clover) installation almost fully working, but my only problem is the audio headphones. I've seen that Heisenberg68 recommends the fengwenhua ALCPlugFixdirectory solution, but his github repository has not been available for several weeks now.

Could someone share fengwenhua files to try to solve my jack audio bug?

Thanks in advance.

I reuploaded the OC-0.6.3 folder because I replaced the SATA-unsupported.kext with CtlnaAHCIPort.kext which is compatible with Big Sur. Now that the public Big Sur Release Candidate is out, I'm going to install it and see if I have any issues.

I had to also remove AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext for Big Sur to boot but it seems to be working well! I made the change to the OC-0.6.3 folder attached to the guide. NOTE: I thought it was stuck after installing while showing the Apple logo with a loading bar but after about 5 minutes it rebooted again then it worked... so it was part of the install process. So if it seems stuck just wait.

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 3.43.13 PM.png

I downloaded it using GibMacOS then just updating 10.15.7 from /Applications

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 3.51.33 PM.png

Last edited:
Ill give it a shot. I have yet to be able to install Big Sur on the 7559. But I've always tried a the new install process. Ill try just updating

I read up a few threads on ****** and other forums and I think my problem is that I am dual booting atm, so windows might be messing around with OC boot files. Gonna have to try until I install an m2 ssd.

Back