Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Hi

i have upgraded to Catalina with the files of Shubham17 but WIFI and Bluetooth on BCM94352Z NGFF dont work.

I changed a few files and now everything works as it should. Even the card reader run now.

Maybe my configuration can help someone. I dont testet the Upgrade from Mojave to Catalina with this files. I changed it after the Upgrade.

Do not forget sudo mount -uw / before you insert the files in S/L/E and after that sudo kextcache -i /

If someone successfully performs an update or a fresh install with this files, please let us know!

Attachments

• Catalina 10.15.1.zip
    15.5 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm a complete and total noob with this stuff. I'm attempting my first dual boot. I followed the guide step by step, but did nothing else up until the point where it says to boot from the usb drive. I am getting stuck when trying to install mojave, I'm stuck at "Start InitDeviceTree". I know there's probably something I am supposed to be doing that is implied, but like I said, complete and total noob.

Also, I have tried using unibeast as well with the same result.

Also, I had upgraded bios to 1.3.0 beforehand, so idk if that is causing issues.

Hey guys, I'm a complete and total noob with this stuff. I'm attempting my first dual boot. I followed the guide step by step, but did nothing else up until the point where it says to boot from the usb drive. I am getting stuck when trying to install mojave, I'm stuck at "Start InitDeviceTree". I know there's probably something I am supposed to be doing that is implied, but like I said, complete and total noob.

Also, I have tried using unibeast as well with the same result.

Also, I had upgraded bios to 1.3.0 beforehand, so idk if that is causing issues.

is your screen the UHD or FHD (1080p) version? I had the same issue with a 7559 that was FHD. Could not get past it.

FHD screen. That's not great to hear.

FHD screen. That's not great to hear.
There are some here with FHD 7559's that seem to not have a problem. I honestly cannot say what the issue is. I just know that my FHD 7559 could not get past that "Start InitDeviceTree" error.

Now, my UHD 7559 gets that sometimes at power on (and when I do a -v during Clover boot, I can see the error, otherwise it's just a black screen), but a warm boot and it boots correctly every time.

Maybe someone with a FHD 7559 can post their EFI folder for you. Or compare BIOS versions, etc.

If you get it figured out, post back. Maybe it will fix my cold-boot issue with "Start InitDeviceTree" error!

Thanks for the info man, if I figure it out I'll definitely post it. Honestly, I'm so overwhelmed with this. I thought it was going to be fairly easy after watching a bunch of videos, but it's not. I only need it to work to run mainstage for live music, but at this point I think I'm going to find a windows alternative.

I had a similar problem and I noticed that you are on the 1.3.0 bios, I am on the 1.2.9 bios and mac os works decently on my machine, so, maybe try downgrading the bios.

Hello, I am receiving an error which I think may be caused by the graphics, if anyone else is experiencing this, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am using the EFI and system kexts that Shubham17 posted. it appears that it is trying to do something with the graphics but just can't.

Attachments

• IMG_8073.JPG
    IMG_8073.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8120.JPG
    IMG_8120.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 72
Thanks for the suggestion unbranded, I tried the 1.2.9 bios with the same result.

fireproof13 what version of mac os were you thinking about installing? Mojave or Catalina? (I thought hackintoshing was going to be easy too, but it is really really difficult to get everything working properly.)

Back