Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

anyone able to make a clear install using 10.4.6 and bios 1.3.1 ???

whats the secret pls

I ended up rebuilding my OSX install with 10.14.6 using the guide in this post, but then I added the config.plist and the ACPI patches from the fixes.zip posted by Shubham17 a few days ago and the system kexts.zip posted also posted by Shubham17. My 7559 works really well, better than it was running before.

Is it possible to get the guide rebuilt based on bios 1.3.1 and attach all the files. This would make the process really easy

can you be more clear how u did this? did u use the different conflig and acpi patches in the USB installer process or after the installation? u did the fresh install with the bios 1.3.1 and version 10.14.6 ??

I updated to bios 1.3.1 and realized that my 7559 would not boot. It kept getting stuck on stuck on "start initdevicetree". It started to behave better when I disabled and re-enabled the oprom setting in the bios. I still occasionally get the "start initdevicetree" but it is much less often and a reboot usually fixes the problem. I think that in some cases, the issue clears when power is unplugged and plugged in again but I cannot confirm this.

I ended up rebuilding my OSX install with 10.14.6 using the guide in this post, but then I added the config.plist and the ACPI patches from the fixes.zip posted by Shubham17 a few days ago and the system kexts.zip posted also posted by Shubham17. My 7559 works really well, better than it was running before.

Is it possible to get the guide rebuilt based on bios 1.3.1 and attach all the files. This would make the process really easy

Can you please share your EFI folder?

I've vanilla/fresh installed 10.14.6 using the EFI folder of Shubam on my Dell Inspiron 15 7559 with BIOS version 1.3.0, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, HDD and FullHD screen.

It's booting up, but Intel Graphics, Keyboard, Touchpad, Brightness, etc are not working.
Can anyone suggest what I can do to fix this?

Last edited:
I got Catalina working, attached my EFI folder and systemkexts below. Backup working EFI and important data, then replace both EFI and System Kexts with the ones attached and then test if Mojave boots with them. If it works update to Catalina from system preferences.

Attachments

• Catalina EFI.zip
    26.9 MB · Views: 186
  • Catalina System Kexts.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I got Catalina working
I also upgraded to Catalina. I had an issue with Bluetooth. I solved it with the new BrcmPatchRAM3.kext. But the system is still booting unstable.

In your example, I see you load in EFI / Clover / Kext / Others
BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

But RehabMan directly says that BrcmBluetoothInjector shouldn't be loaded together with BrcmFirmwareData and BrcmPatchRAM2

Also in / Library / Extensions you load BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

RehabMan also says that you shouldn't load BrcmFirmwareRepo together with BrcmFirmwareData, you need to choose one thing.

Does your system boot stably? How good is Bluetooth working? Does the new Sidecar feature work wirelessly?

I also upgraded to Catalina. I had an issue with Bluetooth. I solved it with the new BrcmPatchRAM3.kext. But the system is still booting unstable.

In your example, I see you load in EFI / Clover / Kext / Others
BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

But RehabMan directly says that BrcmBluetoothInjector shouldn't be loaded together with BrcmFirmwareData and BrcmPatchRAM2

Also in / Library / Extensions you load BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

RehabMan also says that you shouldn't load BrcmFirmwareRepo together with BrcmFirmwareData, you need to choose one thing.

Does your system boot stably? How good is Bluetooth working? Does the new Sidecar feature work wirelessly?
My system boots stably and bluetooth is working properly. The option for Sidecar shows up in preferences but I have not tested it. I might try removing BrcmFirmwareRepo, but BcrmBluetoothInjector was not required until Catalina, I found a post about this in Catalina Support.

My system boots stably and bluetooth is working properly. The option for Sidecar shows up in preferences but I have not tested it. I might try removing BrcmFirmwareRepo, but BcrmBluetoothInjector was not required until Catalina, I found a post about this in Catalina Support.

Hey Shubham, I have the UHD model with 8GB of RAM, can you post the Clover folder for the USB and the one for system please? I made the installation but the animations are lagging and I'm thinking of reinstalling it for a better performance. Thanks in advance

I've just noticed my 7559 is running slow. I checked HWMonitor and the CPU is stuck at 792Mhz. Idle or busy.

Any idea what might have changed? I try to modify nothing, system-wise, as I've been happy with how it is and don't want to break it.

I checked my BIOS and SpeedStep is enabled.

Thanks.

UPDATE: I noticed that somehow, my SMBIOS was set for 11,2 instead of 11,1. Changed, rebooted and now running >3Ghz. Is 11,1 still the best option?
UPDATE2: Looks like 13,3 is what I want. The guide references 11,1 which confused me.

Last edited:
I got Catalina working, attached my EFI folder and systemkexts below. Backup working EFI and important data, then replace both EFI and System Kexts with the ones attached and then test if Mojave boots with them. If it works update to Catalina from system preferences.

Did as you stated after cloning my SSD (to keep as a backup) and it upgraded to Catalina without a problem! Nothing weird, no long pauses...just your typical update. Even "unlock with Apple Watch" is working perfectly! I did also update Lilu and WhateverGreen and AppleALC to the latest before upgrading.

Thanks man , I Got Catalina working with your files ....

If you update to 10.15.1let us know ...

Back