Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

So are you still using the same clover and config after installation? Anything changed?
after installing I copied another clover. It has almost everything working and no need to patch stuff. Shubham 17 posted it a few pages back. Just change your symbios. Also, the audio jack fix is a few pages back too.

after installing I copied another clover. It has almost everything working and no need to patch stuff. Shubham 17 posted it a few pages back. Just change your symbios. Also, the audio jack fix is a few pages back too.
thanks a lot. i will check!

I had the same thing happen to me, and if you look back in these posts a little, someone told me to get rid of one f the memoryfixes, but I'm not sure which one, but it's definitely worth checking out, also Idk if this helps but I am on bios 1.2.9

I had the same thing happen to me, and if you look back in these posts a little, someone told me to get rid of one f the memoryfixes, but I'm not sure which one, but it's definitely worth checking out, also Idk if this helps but I am on bios 1.2.9

I can only see things about audio...

OK... So I finally have 10.14.6 installed on my 7559, now everything looks working fine, except the brightness bar.

I am using the AppleBacklightInjector.kext and SSDT-PNLF.aml provided by the original instruction, and I cannot use function key nor the brightness bar in settings to change the brightness. Does anyone know what's going on?

I updated to bios 1.3.1 and realized that my 7559 would not boot. It kept getting stuck on stuck on "start initdevicetree". It started to behave better when I disabled and re-enabled the oprom setting in the bios. I still occasionally get the "start initdevicetree" but it is much less often and a reboot usually fixes the problem. I think that in some cases, the issue clears when power is unplugged and plugged in again but I cannot confirm this.

I ended up rebuilding my OSX install with 10.14.6 using the guide in this post, but then I added the config.plist and the ACPI patches from the fixes.zip posted by Shubham17 a few days ago and the system kexts.zip posted also posted by Shubham17. My 7559 works really well, better than it was running before.

Is it possible to get the guide rebuilt based on bios 1.3.1 and attach all the files. This would make the process really easy

Last edited:
OK... So I finally have 10.14.6 installed on my 7559, now everything looks working fine, except the brightness bar.

I am using the AppleBacklightInjector.kext and SSDT-PNLF.aml provided by the original instruction, and I cannot use function key nor the brightness bar in settings to change the brightness. Does anyone know what's going on?
If you use WhateverGreen.kext you shouldn't use AppleBacklightInjector.kext

I attached SSDT-PNLF for WhateverGreen, it's not the same as for AppleBacklightInjector
You can remove AppleBacklightInjector.kext and use this SSDT-PNLF with WhateverGreen.

Also for enabling fn brightness keys if you use ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext you can use ACPIKeyboard.kext and apply this patch:

C-like:
Maintained by: RehabMan for: ACPIKeyboard.kext
#patch.txt

# This patch serves to provide a catalyst to load ACPIKeyboard.kext
# and it also provides a sink to send notifications to in
# order to send messages to the kext to simulate keystrokes.

into device label RMKB remove_entry;
into definitionblock code_regex . insert
begin
Device (RMKB)\n
{\n
    Name(_HID, "RMKB0000")\n
}\n
end;

into method label _Q81 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\RMKB, 0x114f)\n
    Notify(\RMKB, 0x124f)\n
end;

into method label _Q80 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\RMKB, 0x114d)\n
    Notify(\RMKB, 0x124d)\n
end;

If you use VoodooPS2Controller.kext and VoodooI2C.kext you should apply this patch:

C-like:
into method label _Q81 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.PS2K, 0x0405)\n
end;
into method label _Q80 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.PS2K, 0x0406)\n
end;

Attachments