Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Do you have the -cdfon startup switch in Clover? Also, my 7559 with 1.2.9 almost always hangs at a black screen on a cold start (when started with verbose mode I see it's stuck at the same "Start initdevicetree" message), but I do a CTRL-ALT-DEL and it starts properly.

yes i have it. I am now using 1.2.2, but I kept getting black screen after rolling screen...

yes i have it. I am now using 1.2.2, but I kept getting black screen after rolling screen...
Always provide diagnostic info when posting about a problem. If your computer does not boot always attach you EFI folder

Always provide diagnostic info when posting about a problem. If your computer does not boot always attach you EFI folder

Here it is. Thanks.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 63
Your EFI is configured incorrectly. Follow the following instructions:
  • remove the following folders from your EFI folder:
    • "Common-patches-for-hackintosh" (these need to be implemented in config.plist)
  • remove the following files from "drivers64UEFI":
    • "AppleImageLoader-64.efi"
    • "AppleUISupport-64.efi"
    • "NVMExpressDxe-64.efi"
  • copy the file "VBoxHFS-64.efi" (attached) to "drivers64.UEFI"
  • delete files in "ACIP/Patched" and replace with filed in attached "ACPI"
  • delete "config.plist" and replace with attached config file

Attachments

• Fixes.zip
    56.3 KB · Views: 120
Your EFI is configured incorrectly. Follow the following instructions:
  • remove the following folders from your EFI folder:
    • "Common-patches-for-hackintosh" (these need to be implemented in config.plist)
  • remove the following files from "drivers64UEFI":
    • "AppleImageLoader-64.efi"
    • "AppleUISupport-64.efi"
    • "NVMExpressDxe-64.efi"
  • copy the file "VBoxHFS-64.efi" (attached) to "drivers64.UEFI"
  • delete files in "ACIP/Patched" and replace with filed in attached "ACPI"
  • delete "config.plist" and replace with attached config file

Thanks, let me try real quick.:)

Did you patch the aml files for me? The aml files in the "original" folder are not mine... I get this Clover from another 7559 user.

Thanks, let me try real quick.:)

Did you patch the aml files for me? The aml files in the "original" folder are not mine... I get this Clover from another 7559 user.
I gave you mine, they should work.

I gave you mine, they should work.

I connected it to a monitor, now I can see the wallpaper on it. So basically it was booted to the installer, but the screen on the laptop is somehow not working properly...

I connected it to a monitor, now I can see the wallpaper on it. So basically it was booted to the installer, but the screen on the laptop is somehow not working properly...
I have 1.3.0.
Try updating to that and replace your EFI with the one attached, it's worked for many people.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.2 MB · Views: 200
Back