Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Guys do you have any idea why I have installed 10.14.2 even if I've downloaded Mojave installer from App Store few days ago so it should be 10.14.5 in fact?
Did you do a fresh install or update?

Fresh install to the external USB disk - that is why I'm really confused.

BTW - which files are required to be copied/exist in the "patched" folder of ACPI in the EFI partition? Is it only these 4 in our case of Mojave for our Dell laptop or also should I copy there all other .aml files generated in the "origin" folder?

DSDT.aml (patched)
SSDT-UIAC.aml (mojavefiles)
SSDT-PNLF.aml (mojavefiles)
SSDT-ALC256.aml (mojavefiles)

>>> and what is this "patch" exactly? "XXX"???

• [syn] Rename _DSM methods to XDSM
  • XXX
  • [Audio] Audio Layout 3

I also do not fully understand this part of guide:
"Be sure that the names of the files in your EFI>CLOVER>ACPI>patched folder are correct in the Sorted Order part of Clover's config.plist."

Last edited:
Fresh install to the external USB disk - that is why I'm really confused.

BTW - which files are required to be copied/exist in the "patched" folder of ACPI in the EFI partition? Is it only these 4 in our case of Mojave for our Dell laptop or also should I copy there all other .aml files generated in the "origin" folder?

DSDT.aml (patched)
SSDT-UIAC.aml (mojavefiles)
SSDT-PNLF.aml (mojavefiles)
SSDT-ALC256.aml (mojavefiles)

>>> and what is this "patch" exactly? "XXX"???

• [syn] Rename _DSM methods to XDSM
  • XXX
  • [Audio] Audio Layout 3

I also do not fully understand this part of guide:
"Be sure that the names of the files in your EFI>CLOVER>ACPI>patched folder are correct in the Sorted Order part of Clover's config.plist."
Only those 4 should be in your patched folder. You can ignore the 'XXX' as it is not a patch. It should be removed from the guide. I would try reinstalling clover to your laptop's EFI partition and configuring it from the 10.14.5 mojave folder from the guide, and then updating to the latest version of macOS through the ota update.

The thing is that I performed installation thru this guide completely and I've used the files from Mojave 10.14.5 zip... It seems that all is working fine except:
- bridges control
- HW monitor don't read the sensors (only SSD and internal battery is visible)
- wake from sleep stops working during wake-up and put password

It's pretty good so far...

Maybe could you let me know which exactly kext do you have in EFI/.../Other & /L/E ?

1 more update - I've upgraded successfully to 10.14.5...

Can someone help me with fixing bridges set? It is not working as for example should + / - is working perfect with displaying the sound bar on the screen when pressing Fn + F1, F2, F3...
I've read the fix to "install"/"update" SSDT-PNLF or SSDT-RMCF but I don't know how it should be done correctly.

I've noticed now that this is the problem with function keys mapping as manually changing bridges from settings works ok... eh...

Last edited:
After several days I finally installed Mojave 10.14.5 on my Dell with no error. Then i installed clover, kext and reboot. And endless boot loop come up. Maybe I’m gonna try to install 10.14.3 instead of 10.14.5
Hi I want need 7559 EFI plz

Only those 4 should be in your patched folder. You can ignore the 'XXX' as it is not a patch. It should be removed from the guide. I would try reinstalling clover to your laptop's EFI partition and configuring it from the 10.14.5 mojave folder from the guide, and then updating to the latest version of macOS through the ota update.
I cant find efi for 7559 can you share ? plz

I cant find efi for 7559 can you share ? plz
Follow the guide, it tells you how to create a clover boot disk and how to set it up to make it boot.

Follow the guide, it tells you how to create a clover boot disk and how to set it up to make it boot.
I mean i dont have config kext and so on

I mean i dont have config kext and so on
If you download the latest folder at the bottom of the guide it gives you all the kexts you need and the config plist. Read the guide and look in the “usb” folder.

hi, i just follow the guide. But can't boot the usb installer. Any help?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 60
Back