Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

So I got headphone audio working clearly using ALCPlugfix, but I wanted to report a weird problem. It seems to only work with my earbuds. I have a nice set of Sennheisser headphones that I use for listening to music and audio production. When I use those, I still get distortion. I'm not very technical but I would guess it has something to do with the fact that they draw more power from the jack? They work fine on my real Mac. Does anyone else have a similar issue?
What command did you use to fix it? My headphone audio is just pure static right now.

Can someone please let me know and check which OSX Mojave version installer works for you? Is it possible to run Mojave installer 10.14.5 on Dell Inspiron 7559?

Ok I didn't notice that the kext's have been updated for 10.14.5. Thx! I will check this out.

Can someone please let me know and check which OSX Mojave version installer works for you? Is it possible to run Mojave installer 10.14.5 on Dell Inspiron 7559?

Ok I didn't notice that the kext's have been updated for 10.14.5. Thx! I will check this out.

I see you have the 1920x1080 display. Many people (including myself) found it was not possible to install Mojave on a 7559 with 1080 display. You get an error like "Start InitDeviceTree" at the very beginning of boot and the system freezes. The same system with the 2160p display works fine.

I installed using 10.14.3. So far I have been unable to update to 10.14.4 or .5. But neither update is crucial so I'm OK being on 10.14.3.

Let us know if you are able to get it working!

Guys I'm not sure what and how it happened... I've created USB installer of Mojave 10.14.5 and followed the updated instructions from this forum. The installer finally worked this time and I was able to install Mojave on my laptop with FHD display. Right now I have working everything except audio and screen bridges. The strange thing is that the OS info shows I have Mojave 10.14.2 installed instead of 10.14.5 as the installer is... I have no idea how it happened. I'm lost with my DTST patching as it is my first time to do it. I did it but I'm not sure is it was fully ok.

Guys I'm not sure what and how it happened... I've created USB installer of Mojave 10.14.5 and followed the updated instructions from this forum. The installer finally worked this time and I was able to install Mojave on my laptop with FHD display. Right now I have working everything except audio and screen bridges. The strange thing is that the OS info shows I have Mojave 10.14.2 installed instead of 10.14.5 as the installer is... I have no idea how it happened. I'm lost with my DTST patching as it is my first time to do it. I did it but I'm not sure is it was fully ok.

The "About this Mac" shows 10.14.2 ?? Then that's what you installed! Take a look at your 10.14.5 you got and do a Get Info on it. Somewhere there is a version that should show what it is.

What BIOS version do you have? I'm intrigued how you got it installed on a 1080p screen.

well... I have bios 1.3.0 so the newest one - maybe this is it...

BTW - high Sierra works fine with bios 1.3.0 but you need to set UEFI boot with OPROM (secure boot OFF)...

Last edited:

After several days I finally installed Mojave 10.14.5 on my Dell with no error. Then i installed clover, kext and reboot. And endless boot loop come up. Maybe I’m gonna try to install 10.14.3 instead of 10.14.5

After several days I finally installed Mojave 10.14.5 on my Dell with no error. Then i installed clover, kext and reboot. And endless boot loop come up. Maybe I’m gonna try to install 10.14.3 instead of 10.14.5
I have mine working on the latest bios and 10.14.5, attach your EFI folder if you'd like me to take a look.

I've had the same experience trying to upgrade from 10.14.3 to 10.14.4 or .5. Update clover and WEG/Lilu as a prerequisite to updating OS and get only constant reboots. So I'm stuck on 10.14.3 for now.

Guys do you have any idea why I have installed 10.14.2 even if I've downloaded Mojave installer from App Store few days ago so it should be 10.14.5 in fact?

Back