Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Your setting for config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts is wrong.
Should be "Detect".
Didn't check anything else.
still the same after config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts to "Detect".
sleep after wake up black screen

Attachments

• debug_7098.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 94
please i need some help guys
as i install mojave it was working touchscreen, now after dsdt patch, kexts i find out that is not working now, it is fixable?
still cannot find how to replace fn+s/fn+b with my brightness keys fn+f11/fn+f12 from win and as marked on keys (i have put some ssdts about this, but nothing)
i have audio (much better than on sierra) but not working audio jack (codec commander and alc256.aml inside) (start to make noise from laptop and inside the earphones)
trackpad settings want me to connect bluetooth trackpad (but i have the latest voodoo) and i couldnt manage any settings of trackpad
about the display idk how even to check if its working my 4k resolution or no

Attachments

• debug_17124.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
please i need some help guys
as i install mojave it was working touchscreen, now after dsdt patch, kexts i find out that is not working now, it is fixable?
still cannot find how to replace fn+s/fn+b with my brightness keys fn+f11/fn+f12 from win and as marked on keys (i have put some ssdts about this, but nothing)
i have audio (much better than on sierra) but not working audio jack (codec commander and alc256.aml inside) (start to make noise from laptop and inside the earphones)
trackpad settings want me to connect bluetooth trackpad (but i have the latest voodoo) and i couldnt manage any settings of trackpad
about the display idk how even to check if its working my 4k resolution or no

touchscreen: touchscreen is connected to hs06, you will need following code in file SSDT-UIAC.aml:
Code:
"HS06", Package() // Touchscreen

{

"UsbConnector", 255,

"port", Buffer() { 6, 0, 0, 0 },

},

brightness keys:
Code:
<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>change Method _Q80 to XQ80, pair with SSDT-BTNB.aml</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Find</key>

<data>X1E4MABw</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>WFE4MABw</data>

</dict>

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>change Method _Q81 to XQ81, pair with SSDT-BTNB.aml</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Find</key>

<data>X1E4MQBw</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>WFE4MQBw</data>

</dict>

audio: you will need to install CodecCommander. Several of your kexts are not installed properly because of wrong filesystem permission, including CodecCommander.

trackpad: you could try VoodoI2C.

display: I guess you mean if the graphics driver is loaded properly or not. If you can choose from five scaled resolutions in the display preference, then it is OK.

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    7 KB · Views: 103
touchscreen: touchscreen is connected to hs06, you will need following code in file SSDT-UIAC.aml:
Code:
"HS06", Package() // Touchscreen

{

"UsbConnector", 255,

"port", Buffer() { 6, 0, 0, 0 },

},

brightness keys:
Code:
<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>change Method _Q80 to XQ80, pair with SSDT-BTNB.aml</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Find</key>

<data>X1E4MABw</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>WFE4MABw</data>

</dict>

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>change Method _Q81 to XQ81, pair with SSDT-BTNB.aml</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Find</key>

<data>X1E4MQBw</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>WFE4MQBw</data>

</dict>

audio: you will need to install CodecCommander. Several of your kexts are not installed properly because of wrong filesystem permission, including CodecCommander.

trackpad: you could try VoodoI2C.

display: I guess you mean if the graphics driver is loaded properly or not. If you can choose from five scaled resolutions in the display preference, then it is OK.
1st of all - huge thank you matte and to this community, you are helping to make 1st steps in all this
i replace your "patched" with mine, then rename ssdt-uiac 7559 4k.aml to ssdt-uaic.aml and find "HS06..." and replace it with your code clicked compile and then save it efi/clover/acpi/patched
then brightness keys changes i put in config.plist after the last patch with the line "comment" then save
about the filesystem permission i dont know how to change it
trackpad i am using SmartTouchPad driver with gestures and abillity to customize gestures and working prefpanel
finally now i couldnt load in system, how i can provide some information?! (its stuck on some line while loading)

1st of all - huge thank you matte and to this community, you are helping to make 1st steps in all this
i replace your "patched" with mine, then rename ssdt-uiac 7559 4k.aml to ssdt-uaic.aml and find "HS06..." and replace it with your code clicked compile and then save it efi/clover/acpi/patched
then brightness keys changes i put in config.plist after the last patch with the line "comment" then save
about the filesystem permission i dont know how to change it
trackpad i am using SmartTouchPad driver with gestures and abillity to customize gestures and working prefpanel
finally now i couldnt load in system, how i can provide some information?! (its stuck on some line while loading)
Take a picture and upload it.

You can also try setting ig-platform-id to an invalid value such as 0x12345678, this should let you boot into the system.

To fix kext permission problem, use KextBeast to install kexts. You can download it at https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/kextbeast-2-0-2.399/. Please read the usage. Remember to remove any kexts you've installed in /Library/Extensions before using KextBeast.

Take a picture and upload it.

You can also try setting ig-platform-id to an invalid value such as 0x12345678, this should let you boot into the system.

To fix kext permission problem, use KextBeast to install kexts. You can download it at https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/kextbeast-2-0-2.399/. Please read the usage. Remember to remove any kexts you've installed in /Library/Extensions before using KextBeast.
i delete few ssdt's that i saw 1st time and now i am in here is report files that i have done right 2 min before
does it include information or better to put all of ssdt's i delete back and make a photo?

Attachments

• debug_17302.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 93
i delete few ssdt's that i saw 1st time and now i am in here is report files that i have done right 2 min before
does it include information or better to put all of ssdt's i delete back and make a photo?
What's you progress now?

You can simply use my SSDTs. and my config.plist with you own SMBIOS info.

EDIT: I set FakeID/IntelGFX to an invalid value 0x12345678 to make sure to boot into the system. After all other issues are solved, you can comment it out like
Code:
<key>#FakeID</key>

Attachments

• config.plist
    17 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
What's you progress now?

You can simply use my SSDTs. and my config.plist with you own SMBIOS info.
didnt try your config.plist yet
but as i successfully load in system.. i delete extension folder in library and install all the kexts from guide with kextbeast, rebuild a cache and now a load without any problems but now i dont have audio its grey icon on statbar and no devices in output/input
touchscreen is working (its not usefull anyway but wow amazing, its working)
brightness buttons still no (maybe because of another touchpad driver and keyboard)
should i put your config now?

UPD: as i change your config.plist a stuck on this and couldnt get thru the loading screen

Attachments

• IMG_20181105_102509.jpg
    IMG_20181105_102509.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Back