Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

1. can somebody please check my report files because my jack is not working, as i put headphones, in sound prefs its written but no audio in headphones
I'm a noob in this testing but adding ALC256 profile to CodecCommander.kext/Contents/Info.plist and using setting for ALC283 then install to /L/E worked for me didn't need SSDT-ALC256.aml I got AppleALC, Lilu and WhateverGreen installed to /L/E in order to work. It's not recommend to edit any .plist with simple text editor.
alc256.jpg

What is xxx patches? In step 7b
could be just a typo, separator or something like that, I asked same question before.

Last edited:
I'm a noob in this testing but adding ALC256 profile to CodecCommander.kext/Contents/Info.plist and using setting for ALC283 then install to /L/E worked for me didn't need SSDT-ALC256.aml I got AppleALC, Lilu and WhateverGreen installed to /L/E in order to work. It's not recommend to edit any .plist with simple text editor.
View attachment 372240

could be just a typo, separator or something like that, I asked same question before.

Instead of editing the Info.plist, you should use ACPI.
Refer to SSDT-*.dsl in the CodecCommander repo for examples.

Instead of editing the Info.plist, you should use ACPI.
Refer to SSDT-*.dsl in the CodecCommander repo for examples.
Thanks you're right, CodecCommander upgrade override any configuration made to Info.plist so I did what you suggested me and audio jack is working fine.

beside that, my system has UHD display I got a doubt with -cdfon bootflag, on BIOS v1.2.2 I don't have to use -cdfon and boot without problem but on BIOS 1.2.9 even using that flag doesn't boot stuck on "Start InitDeviceTree" I'm just wondering as It is working with v1.2.2 it isn't on my priorities issues. After I could use 2 fingers scroll up and down I would be 100% satisfied with my Mojave system. I need to open a thread for it if I don't find the solution in the forum.

Thanks you're right, CodecCommander upgrade override any configuration made to Info.plist so I did what you suggested me and audio jack is working fine.

beside that, my system has UHD display I got a doubt with -cdfon bootflag, on BIOS v1.2.2 I don't have to use -cdfon and boot without problem but on BIOS 1.2.9 even using that flag doesn't boot stuck on "Start InitDeviceTree" I'm just wondering as It is working with v1.2.2 it isn't on my priorities issues. After I could use 2 fingers scroll up and down I would be 100% satisfied with my Mojave system. I need to open a thread for it if I don't find the solution in the forum.

-cdfon generally needed with 4k display.
or you can inject 'enable-hdmi20' property (they both essentially do the same thing)

-cdfon generally needed with 4k display.
or you can inject 'enable-hdmi20' property (they both essentially do the same thing)
I did a few test and noticed that on legacy rom enable (Pheriperial Device Setting (OPROM Setting enable)), it boot but I don't like it cause sometime doesn't boot property I must stay on BIOS 1.2.2. On those testing with/out -cdfon same results.

Last edited:
I know but according this guide you need to disable Peripheral Device Setting (OPROM Setting) when you do it, "Load legacy Option Rom" become disabled. Anyway on BIOS 1.2.2 with OPROM Setting disabled in my situation works much better than BIOS 1.2.9 with OPROM Setting enabled because sometime boot fine and another doesn't.

I know but according this guide you need to disable Peripheral Device Setting (OPROM Setting) when you do it, "Load legacy Option Rom" become disabled. Anyway on BIOS 1.2.2 with OPROM Setting disabled in my situation works much better than BIOS 1.2.9 with OPROM Setting enabled because sometime boot fine and another doesn't.

OK.

Hello guys.

I found another guide on internet and followed it. But both trackpad gestures (some) and subwoofer are not working as expected. With this guide are they working? If yes, I will remake and follow this one.

Sorry bad english and thanks. :)

could someone help me? I tried to enable / disable oprom setting but nothing changes, the operating system does not start. bios version 1.2.9 mac os high sierra

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 199
Back