Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 101
Hello! I am having issues with booting, where MacOS won't boot when the laptop is from cold boot (turned off for like 30 minutes). It gets stuck at "Init DeviceTree" or something (Similar to stuck at ++++++). Since my laptop is dual booted to Windows 10, what I had to do is to boot into Windows, restart the computer, in order to start MacOS without problems. Any ideas why it happens? Attached is my current config files. I can't take a photo of where it gets stuck because I can ran MacOS right now since I've already booted to Windows.

Attachments

• debug_20709.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
Hello! I am having issues with booting, where MacOS won't boot when the laptop is from cold boot (turned off for like 30 minutes). It gets stuck at "Init DeviceTree" or something (Similar to stuck at ++++++). Since my laptop is dual booted to Windows 10, what I had to do is to boot into Windows, restart the computer, in order to start MacOS without problems. Any ideas why it happens? Attached is my current config files. I can't take a photo of where it gets stuck because I can ran MacOS right now since I've already booted to Windows.
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I didn't check anything else.

If I understood correctly, even if the Kexts are already in Clover/Kexts/Other, it will be still okay even if I install them in the System Volume?

As mentioned in the guide, with InjectKexts="Detect", and FakeSMC.kext (or VirtualSMC.kext) installed to the system volume (/L/E), kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other will NOT be injected.

As mentioned in the guide, with InjectKexts="Detect", and FakeSMC.kext (or VirtualSMC.kext) installed to the system volume (/L/E), kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other will NOT be injected.
Should I install everything in my Clover kexts folder (FakeSMC, Lilu (already installed), RealtekRTL8111,SATA-100-Series-Unsupported, USBInjectAll, VoodooPS2Controller, WhateverGreen) also in /L/E or only FakeSMC and VoodooPS2Controller?

Here's an updated configuration files, I've installed FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, and WhateverGreen in /L/E.

Edit: File didn't upload

Attachments

• debug_20426.zip
    2 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Should I install everything in my Clover kexts folder (FakeSMC, Lilu (already installed), RealtekRTL8111,SATA-100-Series-Unsupported, USBInjectAll, VoodooPS2Controller, WhateverGreen) also in /L/E or only FakeSMC and VoodooPS2Controller?

Here's an updated configuration files, I've installed FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, and WhateverGreen in /L/E.

Edit: File didn't upload

As written in my guide, "all kexts you need" should be installed to /L/E. The word "all" is quite unambiguous.

As written in my guide, "all kexts you need" should be installed to /L/E. The word "all" is quite unambiguous.

Installed everything to /L/E, and I've let my laptop sit for a while. Here's my debug files and where my clover gets stuck. Same problem, won't startup on cold boot.

EDIT: I figured that I have a similar problem with this thread (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dell-7559-high-sierra-stuck-booting-bios-1-2-7.252457/), but it didn't get resolved. However my BIOS version is 1.2.9, and "Load Legacy Option ROM" is already enabled.

Attachments

• debug_21618.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Back