Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Now I have your attachment from post #459 but also i tried attachments from #427 , #416 (every oc efi confing in that topic.
And I made one myself which is in attachment.
Give the attached EFI a go. Make sure to add your info in SMBIOS section.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    60.9 MB · Views: 259
Give the attached EFI a go. Make sure to add your info in SMBIOS section.
Still the same problem black screen after choosing "Install Mojave"
On PC the same bootable pendrive is trying to load and I see white text on screen.

On PC the same bootable pendrive is trying to load and I see white text on screen.

Are you able to run your system with Clover?

Double check your bios settings.

- Restore BIOS defaults
- AHCI mode should be selected under SATA
- Disable VT for direct I/O
- Advanced Battery Charging should be disabled
- Secure boot should be disabled
- turn off SupportAssist System Resolution (this will disable the occasional hardware check that prevents booting)
- Firmware TPM should be disabled.
- Save the settings and reboot
- Press F12 on boot screen and under other options disable Pheriperial Device Setting (OPROM Setting)
Note: If it’s disabled you shouldn’t see any Legacy options under “F12 screen”

Has anyone been able to get the SD card reader to work using open core? I had mine working with clover using the sinetek-rtsx.kext but in OpenCore it does not seem to work. Anyone?

Ok, I figured out the SD card reader. "Kinda". Seems to work normal under Mojave with Sinetek kext but kernel panics when inserting a SD card under Catalina. I can live without it though. My new problem is WiFi speeds. My speeds have been cut down from 150mb dl to 20mb dl. No idea why. My other machine sitting right next to me on the same network gets full speeds. Any ideas? EFI Attached.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    60.6 MB · Views: 142
Hey guys, I have a fully functional 7559 running Catalina on Clover (Legacy boot), do I need to do a fresh install and change my boot settings to UEFI to migrate to Opencore?

Hey guys, I have a fully functional 7559 running Catalina on Clover (Legacy boot), do I need to do a fresh install and change my boot settings to UEFI to migrate to Opencore?
Fresh install is always the preferred way to go about it. But.. You can convert to OC from Clover without a new install. Just make sure to follow the instructions closely here. And yes, UEFI Booting

Fresh install is always the preferred way to go about it. But.. You can convert to OC from Clover without a new install. Just make sure to follow the instructions closely here. And yes, UEFI Booting
I tried a lazy experiment using one of your EFI folders and had mixed results, I successfully booted once (with my current install), then rebooted and when I picked the os partition I got a black screen. I haven't been able to boot using OC anymore after that. Tried clearing nvram but no success. Any idea what might be wrong?

I tried a lazy experiment using one of your EFI folders and had mixed results, I successfully booted once (with my current install), then rebooted and when I picked the os partition I got a black screen. I haven't been able to boot using OC anymore after that. Tried clearing nvram but no success. Any idea what might be wrong?
Send me a copy of your latest EFI folder and ill see what I can do

Back