Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Ill give it a shot when I get home. I have noticed the mouse lag also. I started noticing it when I was trying to convert from clover to OpenCore. Immediately I noticed a micro stutter in YouTube videos and mouse/touch pad movements. Strange thing is that when I went back to clover the stutter was still there. Seems OC may have caused some issues. Or NVRAM issues. IDK. Now if I let my laptop go to sleep for say 30 mins, when I wake it back up the lag is gone. Mouse and Videos work normal. Strange...
Also, what is the "SSDT-I2C-PIN.aml" for? I cannot open it with MaciASL no matter what. All other SSDTs seem fine.

Ill give it a shot when I get home. I have noticed the mouse lag also. I started noticing it when I was trying to convert from clover to OpenCore. Immediately I noticed a micro stutter in YouTube videos and mouse/touch pad movements. Strange thing is that when I went back to clover the stutter was still there. Seems OC may have caused some issues. Or NVRAM issues. IDK. Now if I let my laptop go to sleep for say 30 mins, when I wake it back up the lag is gone. Mouse and Videos work normal. Strange...
Also, what is the "SSDT-I2C-PIN.aml" for? I cannot open it with MaciASL no matter what. All other SSDTs seem fine.

SSDT-I2C-PIN.aml pins the GPI0 device by changing it from unpinned 0x00 to pinned 0x1b following this guide https://voodooi2c.github.io/#GPIO Pinning/GPIO Pinning I made 3 i2c related ssdt's while troubleshooting the trackpad. SSDT-I2C-SKL.aml is i2c skylake controllers patch (not sure if needed with most recent voodooi2c but it works) and SSDT-TPD1.aml declares SBFG and SBFB under TPD1, the bios name for the trackpad.

I don't see the stutter with video but I definitely notice it when I make circles with the mouse cursor or try to select text. I don't know if I had it in clover... once I noticed it then I saw it all the time.

Last edited:
Using the intel power gadget I noticed that it stays nearly flat if I don't touch the mouse but if I start making circles it shows a spike in power use when it stutters which happens about every 2 seconds if continually using the mouse.
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 3.40.55 PM.png

I just noticed that its broken... so removing it is ok. I'll have to come back to this tomorrow.

Using the intel power gadget I noticed that it stays nearly flat if I don't touch the mouse but if I start making circles it shows a spike in power use when it stutters which happens about every 2 seconds if continually using the mouse.

Yeah I have the same stutters. Well your EFI has helped me make some progress. I can boot OC now. BT and wifi etc work. And my screen seem to work as long as I DONT hit clearNVRAM in the OC boot screen. If I Reset NVRAM my screen never comes back on after running verbose boot. Sleep doesn't work and backlight doesn't seem to work. No screen dimming at all. I noticed you use a MacBook Pro 11,2 for your smbios. Im using the MacBookpro13,3. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Dell7559-4K.zip
    60.9 MB · Views: 120
Yeah I have the same stutters. Well your EFI has helped me make some progress. I can boot OC now. BT and wifi etc work. And my screen seem to work as long as I DONT hit clearNVRAM in the OC boot screen. If I Reset NVRAM my screen never comes back on after running verbose boot. Sleep doesn't work and backlight doesn't seem to work. No screen dimming at all. I noticed you use a MacBook Pro 11,2 for your smbios. Im using the MacBookpro13,3. Any ideas?

I tried all kinds of things.... rewrote the ssdt*.aml's (discovered voodooi2c.kext was pinning itself), tried switching voodooi2c back to polling mode thinking the gpi0 mode was buggy but that had no effect. So I removed VoodooI2C.kext and the *I2CHID.kext and I still got the stutter. Since I already went through the usb port mapping I thought it could be video related. Since the boot arg -wegnoegpu disables iGPU's I deleted the SSDT-dGPU-Off.aml and the cursor seems to be smooth! :clap:

SSDT-dGPU-Off.aml was causing the stutter I think... maybe causing your blank screen issue. My sleep works fine so maybe it is also doing something different with your 4k display? Are you using Bios 1.3.1? Also SSDT-LPC.aml was not needed.

I just use MacBookPro11,2 because it pairs with info I use to have apple services work... I've tested both MacBookPro11,2 and MacBookPro13,1 and the performance seems to be exactly the same so I would just stick with MacBookPro13,* since those are skylake.

I don't ever clear NVRAM unless I have to.

config.plist in EFI7559OCv2 has Platforminfo removed again

Last edited:
I tried all kinds of things.... rewrote the ssdt's (discovered voodooi2c.kext was pinning itself), tried switching voodooi2c back to polling mode thinking the gpi0 mode was buggy but that had no effect. So I removed VoodooI2C.kext and the *I2CHID.kext and I still got the stutter. Since I already went through the usb port mapping I thought it could be video related. Since the boot arg -wegnoegpu disables iGPU's I deleted the SSDT-dGPU-Off.aml and the cursor seems to be smooth.

SSDT-dGPU-Off.aml was causing the stutter I think... maybe causing your blank screen issue. My sleep works fine so maybe it is doing something different with your different display? Are you using Bios 1.3.1? Also SSDT-LPC.aml was not needed.

I just use MacBookPro11,2 because it pairs with info I use to have apple services work... I've tested both MacBookPro11,2 and MacBookPro13,1 and the performance seems to be exactly the same so I would just stick with MacBookPro13,* since those are skylake.

Does imessage work for you?
I get an error saying I need to call apple.

What should I do to make imessage work, make a new apple ID or change the SMBIOS info?
or Both?

P.s imessage works on my iPhone with the same apple ID.

Does imessage work for you?
I get an error saying I need to call apple.

What should I do to make imessage work, make a new apple ID or change the SMBIOS info?
or Both?

P.s imessage works on my iPhone with the same apple ID.

You have to get a legit serial. Follow this guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/iservices.html#generate-a-new-serial

The problem is you only get 10 chances to check it per ip on the "apple check coverage page" and it might take a long time to generate a working serial that isn't registered... and then you don't want to use a real one for a new model someone might actually buy on a machine but the skylake macbook pros are pretty old now. Use a vpn for more tries. Its time consuming.

I tried all kinds of things.... rewrote the ssdt*.aml's (discovered voodooi2c.kext was pinning itself), tried switching voodooi2c back to polling mode thinking the gpi0 mode was buggy but that had no effect. So I removed VoodooI2C.kext and the *I2CHID.kext and I still got the stutter. Since I already went through the usb port mapping I thought it could be video related. Since the boot arg -wegnoegpu disables iGPU's I deleted the SSDT-dGPU-Off.aml and the cursor seems to be smooth! :clap:

SSDT-dGPU-Off.aml was causing the stutter I think... maybe causing your blank screen issue. My sleep works fine so maybe it is also doing something different with your 4k display? Are you using Bios 1.3.1? Also SSDT-LPC.aml was not needed.

I don't ever clear NVRAM unless I have to.

Good call on the dGPU-Off SSDT. It worked for me also!. Everything seems to work now on my machine with OC. I have a few issues from time to time. Backlight only works after wake from sleep. But I can live with that for now. Now I'm trying to move to Big Sur, and so far I'm having no luck. Have you made the move to 10.16 yet?

Attachments

• EFI-OC7559.zip
    74.7 MB · Views: 169
Good call on the dGPU-Off SSDT. It worked for me also!. Everything seems to work now on my machine with OC. I have a few issues from time to time. Backlight only works after wake from sleep. But I can live with that for now. Now I'm trying to move to Big Sur, and so far I'm having no luck. Have you made the move to 10.16 yet?

I was going to wait until the Golden Master released but now that I think everything is working on my system with opencore I might try it in the next day or 2.

My backlight seems to work... I wonder if this has to do with your 4k display that is different. You might want to check out this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/

Back