Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I followed the instructions in the guide to the letter but I'm still having some problems after patching the DSDT/SSDT files and rebooting. First and foremost, my audio isn't working.

I've tried the suggested fixes laid out in the thread, i.e. deleting the kexts and reinstalling, then rebuilding the kextcache. I did this several times to no avail. Rehabman mentioned some settings in the config.plist, namely HDAS to HDEF and the layout-id, and I took care of both of those (or at least I think I did). I wasn't sure where the layout-id was, but another guide directed me to Devices >Reset HDA and then I set Inject to 11 to match the codec for ALC256. The third setting was fix IQR, which IIRC is something I did via patch in the DSDT.aml, correct? So I should be alright I think.

My Wifi also isn't working but I'll try to sort that out myself as per the FAQ. If you could please just help me out with the audio for now. I wouldn't even ask for help but I've been banging my head against the wall all day. Thanks
Hey RedHermit I have this same model of laptop and it is really quite finicky, to get the audio working I used a kext from a YouTube channel called Tu Phuc they, had a download link which has all of the drivers in it, and I installed it with kext wizard, which you can download on tonymacx86 I then restarted my computer and everything worked fine

Does my one know how to fix this? I’ve downgraded the bios to 1.1.3 and I’ve tried changing all the bios settings. Can anyone help? I have the i7 model

Attachments

• 97BDA619-7331-40CD-A7AA-A678C8917CC6.jpeg
    97BDA619-7331-40CD-A7AA-A678C8917CC6.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 179
Does my one know how to fix this? I’ve downgraded the bios to 1.1.3 and I’ve tried changing all the bios settings. Can anyone help? I have the i7 model
try

OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or AptioMemoryFix-64.efi on their own and see if that helps

That didn’t work, I replaced aptiomemoryfix with aptiomemoryfix-64 and got this, I also tried all the osx AptioFixDrv and AptioFix3Drv And they didn’t work either

Attachments

• 91A879EC-E0BF-42FC-87B2-FE076E40A1F1.jpeg
    91A879EC-E0BF-42FC-87B2-FE076E40A1F1.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 131
That didn’t work, I replaced aptiomemoryfix with aptiomemoryfix-64 and got this, I also tried all the osx AptioFixDrv and AptioFix3Drv And they didn’t work either
maybe a bios issue

Are there any other bios settings maybe I need to change? Other than the ones specified in the guide?

Are there any other bios settings maybe I need to change? Other than the ones specified in the guide?
you said in post 971 everything works then you downgraded BIOS and now it doesn't work... try updating BIOS

I had the bios at 1.3.0 before and got the same error, I then downgraded to 1.1.5 and still received the same error, I then downgraded from 1.1.5 to 1.1.3 and that is what I am on now, I've tried turning off the bio settings specified in the guide, and I tried turning off bios settings not specified in the guide, I have no idea what could be going on

hey I am doing an install of Mac OS high Sierra and I am coming across this error, then the screen has a do not enter sign and all the text is distorted

If you can't see it all properly the error is
waiting on <dlct ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media<\string></dict>

and then while it's waiting the do not enter sign appears

I am still fairly new at this stuff and any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_4890.JPG
    IMG_4890.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_4895.JPG
    IMG_4895.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 212
I was getting the same error installing Mojave on my dell 7559. (Bios 1.2.9). I tried a lot of different options in bios,different usbs, plugging and unplugging chargers etc. Here is what worked for me (UHD model, 16 gb if that matters)(also installed on hdd)

1. The recommended settings (DISABLE: vt for direct i/o, advanced battery charge mode, support assist system resolution, firmware tpm, secure boot)(ENABLE: load legacy rom option)(OPROM setting enabled (when u click on the option it shows the option to disable and says boot mode is set to: UEFI with legacy OPROM; secure boot: OFF)
2. Used USB 2, AC charger connected
3. Used this clover folder(replace the files on your efi/clover with the files in the folder I attached and check (worked for me).

Good luck.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 294
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back