Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gotten success with the Dell inspiron 7559 with i5-6300hq processor

The only thing that would be different would be the output from ssdtPRgen.sh.

If anyone upgraded their RAM and is getting random kernel panics in the installer (page faults), remove your stick of ram, run the installer, then pop the ram stick back in.

Note, you might be able to accomplish the same thing with a Clover maxmem flag or something, but this worked for me.

If anyone upgraded their RAM and is getting random kernel panics in the installer (page faults), remove your stick of ram, run the installer, then pop the ram stick back in.

Note, you might be able to accomplish the same thing with a Clover maxmem flag or something, but this worked for me.

Or you can configure the memory correctly with config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory.

after boot from cover and I see a whole bunch of lines a got black screen (sorry about my English )

after boot from cover and I see a whole bunch of lines a got black screen (sorry about my English )

Your profile is not filled out properly...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Hi everyone! Finally i've managed to hack my dell inspiron 7559 i5-6300hq. But i have some problems. 1 - clover won't boot with AC plugged, and USB mouse plugged. I've tried to plug only AC or only USB, it comes with error OsxAptioFixDrv, which was posted here by some users. 2 USB works not right, i have to unplug and plug it several times in different ports, after that it recognizes. 3 Wake doesn't work, it goes to sleep, but when i wake it, the screen turns a little lighter but still black. 4 power button: when i press it nothing happens. I deleted NullCPUPoweManagment, and i think power button stopped working after that, i may be wrong. Appreciate any help, thanks for advise.

Hi everyone! Finally i've managed to hack my dell inspiron 7559 i5-6300hq. But i have some problems. 1 - clover won't boot with AC plugged, and USB mouse plugged. I've tried to plug only AC or only USB, it comes with error OsxAptioFixDrv, which was posted here by some users. 2 USB works not right, i have to unplug and plug it several times in different ports, after that it recognizes. 3 Wake doesn't work, it goes to sleep, but when i wake it, the screen turns a little lighter but still black. 4 power button: when i press it nothing happens. I deleted NullCPUPoweManagment, and i think power button stopped working after that, i may be wrong. Appreciate any help, thanks for advise.

Read all pinned threads here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/el-capitan-laptop-support.181/

All that problems are nothing, but i've forgot to mention, i don't have a sound)) VoodooHDA Works fine with speakers, but not a headphones, there is no sound, but if i plug not completely, there is a low sound. When i patched dsdt, i' tried to apply [Audio] Audio Layout 3. But i couldn't press apply button. Please help me to get sound.

All that problems are nothing, but i've forgot to mention, i don't have a sound)) VoodooHDA Works fine with speakers, but not a headphones, there is no sound, but if i plug not completely, there is a low sound. When i patched dsdt, i' tried to apply [Audio] Audio Layout 3. But i couldn't press apply button. Please help me to get sound.
Please reread the guide, it is explained there. For the booting with AC adapter plugged in, it works for some and for other it doesn't (i can't boot with it plugged in).

I'll deal with booting with AC unpluged. Now the main problem is sound, i cant get it to work. Also webcam doesnt work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back