Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/yosemite-hangs-on-usbmsc-identifier.144857/

Not quite the same situation but I tried a few things...

Adding -f, USBBusFix=Yes, USBLegacyOff=Yes, into boot parameters next to -v had no effect.

Before yet another slash circle, I read the USBMSC Identifier - doesn't look wrong but then when the circle slash came back everything got garbled, with the "??? waiting ??? ???????" whatever that line is underneath.

Happens regardless of USB port used, too :(

Oh, immediately above the "waiting" garbled, there was another line - also garbled, but I think the line started with what looked like "USBMSC". Am doing research since I found a post about USBMSC hanging on Yosemite installs... (except the kext_dev_mode=1 kernel flag is already being enabled...)

Try all USB ports, both USB2 and USB3 sticks. The port used depends on which kind of device is plugged in (USB3 ports are two ports in one).

Try all USB ports, both USB2 and USB3 sticks. The port used depends on which kind of device is plugged in (USB3 ports are two ports in one).

I had tried going back and forth between all 3 ports (in hopes one would have yielded success), the USB stick itself is USB2... When testing and documenting, I did use the same settings on all 3 ports, changing the graphics ID if the first time around didn't work (the second time typically had)...

I had tried going back and forth between all 3 ports (in hopes one would have yielded success), the USB stick itself is USB2...

You should try both USB2 and USB3 sticks (pretty sure I mention that before...)

You should try both USB2 and USB3 sticks (pretty sure I mention that before...)

Oops. I mistook what you said. I've now got my USB3 stick back out (I used it originally until I switched to a USB2 stick...) and am doing a fresh Unibeast install prior to the attempt... Will also double-check the Clover kexts to make sure the GenericUSB3Kext is in there, and I will see if FakePCIID_Intel_SKL_Graphics will help at all too...

I will follow up in an hour or so with the results.

Thanks for the input!

Addendum - just looked up port info, the laptop only has USB3 slots. :(

I forgot how much faster USB3 was. :p

Using the -f and other USB options above, and 191b2346, using a freshly formatted USB3 stick with the same EFI contents I copied over (plus the kexts I'd indicated above), the result was the same - circle slash. :(

Also tried the original OptioFix again, didn't work. Switched back to OptioFix2 and used SafeMode (-x) along with -f. No difference, same circle slash.

Tried all ports.

Oops. I mistook what you said. I've now got my USB3 stick back out (I used it originally until I switched to a USB2 stick...) and am doing a fresh Unibeast install prior to the attempt... Will also double-check the Clover kexts to make sure the GenericUSB3Kext is in there, and I will see if FakePCIID_Intel_SKL_Graphics will help at all too...

I will follow up in an hour or so with the results.

Thanks for the input!

Addendum - just looked up port info, the laptop only has USB3 slots. :(

GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not applicable to your hardware.

Just because you have only USB3 slots does not negate the value of trying USB3 sticks. A USB2 device in a USB3 slot attaches to a USB2 port internally (USB3 ports are two ports in one: USB2 pins separate from USB3 pins).

Much thanks!

I have now done F4 in Clover and am working on figuring out how to disassemble - am stopping for now at preparing tools for disassembly. Looks like a beast but it sounds like that, from here, it's disassembling, changing code to point to fix USB (I was able to see more of "Waiting for root device" last time, that is confirmed), and patching should hopefully do some good. I saw all the Clover entries in Clover Configurator and the EHCn->EHn were already enabled, or looked that way. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back