Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man you're the best! I finally reached the installer using that ig-platform-id thank you very much.

[EDIT] I installed El Capitan successfully, but now I can't boot into the HDD! I'm having the same black screen issue that I had before installing, using the ig-platform-id doesn't seem to work... any ideas?

If your USB copy of Clover allows you to boot normally, try copying that EFI folder to your HDD EFI

Man you're the best! I finally reached the installer using that ig-platform-id thank you very much.

[EDIT] I installed El Capitan successfully, but now I can't boot into the HDD! I'm having the same black screen issue that I had before installing, using the ig-platform-id doesn't seem to work... any ideas?

Did you setup EFI/Clover on HDD exactly like on USB?

Also, you may need FakePCIID kexts: FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

Please fix your profile... It is clearly inaccurate (it states only Nvidia).

Could you post your CLOVER folder from your USB installer?
...I can't get my installer past the OsxAptioFixDrv hangup.

Nice guide!
I will probably be getting this laptop to run Logic pro X ... Does anyone have any experience about stability of this laptop + El capitan + Logic pro X?
I was experiencing some audio latency spikes with my previous attempt on a different laptop. Perhaps related to USB controller or sound card driver but I never figured it out.

Eg. It worked stable for one hour and then out of nothing there was a 1s audio lag

Will let you know once I've got OSX installed on this model laptop (7559), though I've an idea... There are a few quirks with installing 10.11.5, even with the downloaded code that I altered based on others' situations as reflected in this thread... (I still get to the circle/slash halt point despite using a USB2.0 stick now).

You probably have an incorrect CsrActiveConfig setting...

Setup Clover per guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
Nope. I tried 0x3 and 0x67, the error persisted. I also used the from https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/archive/master.zip USB2 and USB3 sticks, all the ports. HFSPlus.efi < > VBoxHfs-64.efi OsxAptioFix & OsxAptioFix2Drv Installed from a real mac. I can't get past:

Here

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 81
Here is my EFI folder set up according to the guide with what should be the correct drivers and Clover/kexts/Other. It is really driving me crazy to get the installer running. I've tried removing an added ssd and aftermarket memory!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back