Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ethernet is also not working (anymore, it used to work until I started working with the dsdts). Also, scrolling on touchpad doesn't work, and USB 3.0 doesn't work...

Let's check what you're actually doing...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

My e

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Code:

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Code:

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.
I screwed something up so I'm doing the install all over again. Maybe I'll fix it now...

I'm having the exact same issue... Have you got it fixed yet??

Regards,.

I'm abroad for the next couple of months so I won't be able to tackle this until then. I see that you've been able to overcome the problem though. Do you have an M.2 drive and a HDD? So all you had connected for the install was just the M.2 drive correct?

I'm abroad for the next couple of months so I won't be able to tackle this until then. I see that you've been able to overcome the problem though. Do you have an M.2 drive and a HDD? So all you had connected for the install was just the M.2 drive correct?
It's a single hdd. But maybe it wasn't my hdd at all... Maybe I just left why charger connected every other time...

Code:

Code:

Okay, I have everything working now, except for the audio. I executed "sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /" as per tutorial, but still no sound. Am I supposed to patch AppleHDA in any way or something? I haven't done anything except installing the kext with kextbeast, and executing the command mentioned above in terminal while booted without caches.

Okay, I have everything working now, except for the audio. I executed "sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /" as per tutorial, but still no sound. Am I supposed to patch AppleHDA in any way or something? I haven't done anything except installing the kext with kextbeast, and executing the command mentioned above in terminal while booted without caches.

Read post #111.

Your kextcache output shows no patched AppleHDA (or AppleHDA injector) is installed.
I don't understand why? Isnt the AppleHDA kext in the Dell .zip pre-patched? Because I'm positive I installed that one with kextbeast...

I'm having issues after completing the guide. After patching my ssdt etc and rebooting, my brightness adjustment and such works, but my ethernet isn't working anymore... I still don't have sound as well. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Hello, I also have this laptop, but the i5-6300HQ version of it. I tried to boot without the charger, I changed the RAM of slot and I also disconnected the HDD but nothing works. I still get an error. Maybe having a good EFI folder and BIOS settings would help! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back