Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

I can't show what verbose prints because the boot sequence finishes and the screen clears to black. However, here is my EFI folder zip. Thanks so much!

Clover never uses Clover/kexts/Others. It does however use Clover/kexts/Other. And that is the best place to put all kexts for injection.

Pardon my insertion of "s". Roger that, so then move all kexts into Clover/kexts/Other.

The FAQ has the correct information regarding DVMT-prealloc and the value displayed by Windows (it is meaningless). Other guides you're reading are wrong.

Question about this: reading through This guide I'm lead to believe that Dxe core is supposed to have ROMs that begin with "FE3542FE". This is not the case for the 7559's BIOS v 1.1.5 from Dell, there are exactly 0 ROMs with that title under Dxe core. However, doing some searching through different ROMs I was able to find the DVMT prealloc variable. My question is if what I'm seeing is correct in spite of the different ROM title. There should only be one ROM that I would find this information in, right?

Picture is attached.

Attachments

• 7559_899407d7rom.png
    7559_899407d7rom.png
    432.4 KB · Views: 662
what's the bios of dell 7559 insihyde? or amios? do i have to edit the dvmt pre allocation ? i am planning to buy one iam chosing
between dell 7559 or lenovo Y50-70? which is better please help

what's the bios of dell 7559 insihyde? or amios? do i have to edit the dvmt pre allocation ? i am planning to buy one iam chosing
between dell 7559 or lenovo Y50-70? which is better please help

They're Insyde and if you get the version with the UHD screen then yes, you will have to adjust the DVMT. Everything I'm seeing indicates that it should be reset to 96MB.

Last edited:
Question about this: reading through This guide I'm lead to believe that Dxe core is supposed to have ROMs that begin with "FE3542FE". This is not the case for the 7559's BIOS v 1.1.5 from Dell, there are exactly 0 ROMs with that title under Dxe core. However, doing some searching through different ROMs I was able to find the DVMT prealloc variable. My question is if what I'm seeing is correct in spite of the different ROM title. There should only be one ROM that I would find this information in, right?

Different BIOS will vary... Not sure what you mean by "different ROMs". You should be looking at a backup of the ROM from your own computer (that is the best way, unless you can be sure you're looking at the correct one). You can always verify the value at that offset using setup_var (if it matches the default, it is likely you have the correct offset).

Different BIOS will vary... Not sure what you mean by "different ROMs". You should be looking at a backup of the ROM from your own computer (that is the best way, unless you can be sure you're looking at the correct one). You can always verify the value at that offset using setup_var (if it matches the default, it is likely you have the correct offset).

When you extract Dxe Core using PhoenixTools it gives you a "DUMP" folder with numerous .ROM files.

Attached is the what setup_var returns when I input the DVMT variable. Any idea what it means when it says "offset is out of range"?

Attachments

• IMG_1324.JPG
    IMG_1324.JPG
    383.1 KB · Views: 481
When you extract Dxe Core using PhoenixTools it gives you a "DUMP" folder with numerous .ROM files.

Attached is the what setup_var returns when I input the DVMT variable. Any idea what it means when it says "offset is out of range"?

It probably means the offset is not valid.

Your config.plist is not correct for Skylake mobile graphics.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093

Thank you so much! I was finally able to boot the installer, although the 520/530/540 config.plist in that guide did not boot for me. What fixed it was just adding the ig-platform-id (0x19160000) from the config from that guide to the otherwise stock config.plist (and adding nv_disable=1, -v, inject intel, and USB ownership like in the original guide).

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 7559

wIHuKYu.jpg

This guide will show you how i did the full installation of El Capitan and Windows 10 dual boot on the same drive on my laptop (specs below). the guide will cover dual booting with Clover UEFI. Also, the drive you will use will be wiped completely so make sure your data is backed up.

What you will need before beginning this guide
  • 8GB 2.0 USB to create bootable OS X Installer
  • 8GB USB to create bootable Windows Installer
  • laptop below
  • BCM9435Z if you want full WiFi/AirDrop/HandOff support in OS X
  • SSD if you want fast boot times
  • Acces to a real Mac or hackintosh
  • Dell 7559 package (download below)
Dell Inspiron 7559
  • Intel i7-6700HQ with IGPU Intel HD 530
  • 8GB DDR3L (single channel)
  • 1TB HDD (storage drive)
  • 256GB SSD (dual boot drive) [bought afterwards]
  • 15,6” IPS 1920x1080 (no touchscreen)
  • BCM94352Z (replaced internal Intel 3165AC) [bought afterwards]
  • Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
  • Realtek ALC256
Working

Battery, sleep, power stepping, graphics acceleration, backlight, Bluetooth, WiFi, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, HDMI, ethernet, speakers, microphone, audio port, webcam, iMessage and FaceTime, Airdrop and HandOff, making and receiving phone calls, sending and receiving text messages.

Not working

SD slot

A) Create bootable Windows 10 USB

Using Microsofts media creation tool, you can easily create a bootable Windows 10 USB. Search on Google if you need some help with this as i will skip this.

B) Prepare internal drive

Boot from the USB created in step A by pressing F12 on boot (if it doesn’t work hold Delete while booting and press F12 continuously). Before you install, choose repair this computer, then troubleshoot, then advanced options and then Command Prompt. You want to make sure your drive is erased completely before you try this dual boot. In Command Prompt type ‘diskpart’ and select the drive you want to wipe with ‘select disk 0’ (number may be different for you). Next, your drive will be fully erased with the command ‘clean’. After doing this you want to type ‘convert gpt’ to make the drive a GUID partition table (necessary for OS X). Afterwards, type ‘exit’.

C) Install Windows 10

Again, boot from the USB created in step A and install Windows 10 as you would do normally on the drive you erased in step B.

D) Create partition for OS X

Disconnect the USB and boot Windows 10. You can set it up as you like. Install MacDrive from Mediafour to create a partition for OS X. Open MacDrive and click create. You can now create a HFS+ partition on the drive you just installed Windows 10 on. I suggest you give them 50/50 GB storage each. So, in my case, i partitioned a HFS+ partition with 128GB. Close MacDrive after you successfully created the drive. Name it as you like.

E) Create bootable OS X El Capitan Installer on real Mac or hackintosh

I’m going to refer to the tonymacx86 tutorial here: UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

In UniBeast choose El Captian, UEFI, no graphics

On the real Mac or hackintosh download Clover Configurator, KextBeast and MultiBeast here: tonymacx86 Downloads | tonymacx86.com. Move these apps to the installer USB just created.

Also download Rehabman’s VoodooPS2Controller.kext to make sure you can navigate during the installation here: RehabMan / OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller / Downloads — Bitbucket

Open Clover Configurator if USB EFI isn't already mounted and mount the USB EFI (something like disk2s1)

Place the kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/

F) BIOS settings

I have BIOS version 1.1.5, i’ve had no succes with version 1.1.7 so make sure you check that (you can download each version of the Dell website under drivers).

Reboot and acces the BIOS setup by pressing F2 (if it doesn’t work hold Delete while booting and press F2 continuously). Make sure you select AHCI under SATA if it isn’t already selected. Disable secure boot, keep legacy boot enabled. Shutdown the laptop.

G) Install OS X El Capitan

Disconnect all cables including charger and plug in the USB created in step E. Boot from the USB by pressing F12 on boot. Clover will load. Make sure you add these boot flags ‘nv_disable=1’ and ‘-v’ without quotes. Also, make sure USB Ownership is enabled under pci devices under Clover options. Then, check inject intel under graphic options under Clover options, enable it. Go back to the Clover main menu and boot OS X installer from USB.

If everything is set correctly, you will see a whole bunch of lines before reaching the installer. If you don’t, you’ve done something wrong.

Once the installer is reached, choose disk utility from the top bar under utilities. You will see your internal HFS+ partition, click on it, in the top bar, go to archive and enable journaling. Close disk utility if you enabled it and now you can install El Capitan on this partition.

Once installed, it will reboot automatically, make sure you boot again from the installer USB. Add the boot flags and options above before booting El Capitan.

Set it up as you like, choose no internet.

H) Post installation

Drag MultiBeast, KextBeast and Clover Configurator from the installer USB to your desktop. Open Clover Configurator and mount internal EFI (something like disk0s1). Open EFI partition and drag EFI/Microsoft to desktop.

Open MultiBeast and under quick start select UEFI mode. Under drivers, network, choose RealtekRTL8111. Under customize, graphics, choose Intel HD 530. Under customize, system definitions, choose MacBook Pro 11,2. Choose build and install on OS X drive.

Open EFI/Clover/config.plist. Clover configurator will open. Go to Boot and under arguments check dart=0, nv_disable=1 and kext-dev-mode=1, leave the rest unchecked. Under Devices; check Inject, FixOwnership, Add ClockID. Under Gui, uncheck Legacy under Scan. Under Graphics, check inject Intel. Close Clover configurator.

Move the directory Microsoft from desktop to EFI/. Open Microsoft/Boot/ and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi. If you don’t do this Microsoft boot manager will bypass Clover.

You can now boot without the installer USB and choose between Windows 10 and El Capitan in Clover. Ethernet will work, for more see below. (guide assumes you have ethernet connection)

I) Additional kexts

Download the Dell 7559 package (download below) and drop it on your OS X desktop. Place all the kext files from Desktop/Dell_7559/kexts/ on your desktop. Open KextBeast and follow instructions to install the kext files to System/Library/Extensions/.

J) DDST/SDST edits

Reboot and in Clover boot menu, press F4 to extract your ACPI files. For disassembly and editing out the errors i will refer to this guide here: [Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Return to this guide when you have the .dsl files of DDST and SDSTs (the ones without an x in their name) without errors. Place them in a folder on your desktop.

Assuming you have MaciASL as instructed by the guide in above link, open the program. Go to the program’s preferences and add this source: http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master

You now have all RehabMan’s laptop patches at your disposal in MaciASL.

DDST patches:

Open DSDT.dsl in MaciASL:

Search for ‘GFX0’ and replace all with ‘IGPU’
Search for ‘HECI’ and replace all with ‘IMEI’
Search for ‘HDAS’ and replace all with ‘HDEF’

//optional: disable nvidia for better battery (advised)

Add these lines above the other External lines at the beginning:

External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._PS3, MethodObj)
External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._PS0, MethodObj)
External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF, MethodObj)
External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._ON, MethodObj)
External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.SGOF, MethodObj)
External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.SGON, MethodObj)

Search for ‘_WAK’ and add these methods above Method (_WAK):

Method (M_ON, 0, NotSerialized)
{
If (CondRefOf (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._ON))
{
\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._ON()
}
If (CondRefOf (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._PS0))
{
\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._PS0()
}
If (CondRefOf (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.SGON))
{
\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.SGON()
}
}

Method (M_OF, 0, NotSerialized)
{
If (CondRefOf (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF))
{
\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF()
}
If (CondRefOf (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._PS3))
{
\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._PS3()
}
If (CondRefOf (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.SGOF))
{
\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.SGOF()
}
}

Add this line right after the opening bracket of Method (_WAK):

M_OF ()

Search for ‘_PTS’ and add this line right after the opening bracket of Method (_PTS):

M_ON ()

Search for the ’_INI’ where you find references of Linux and Windows. Add this line between Store (….) and If (…..(..)):

M_OF ()

//end of optional disabling of nvidia

Click on Patch and apply the following patches:

[Audio] Audio Layout 3
[bat] Dell Inspiron 15-7xxx
[igpu] Brightness fix
[sys] IRQ fix
[sys] Skylake LPC
[usb] USB3_PRW 0x6D (instant wake)

Click Compile and if you have any errors (warnings don’t matter) clear them by using the patching guide above. Save the file as: DSDT.aml and file format: ACPI Machine Language Binary.

SSDT patches:

Open SSDT-5.dsl:

Click Compile and if you have any errors (warnings don’t matter) clear them by using the patching guide above. Save the file as: SSDT-5.aml and file format: ACPI Machine Language Binary

Open SSDT-15.dsl:

Click Compile and if you have any errors (warnings don’t matter) clear them by using the patching guide above. Save the file as: SSDT-15.aml and file format: ACPI Machine Language Binary

Do the same for the remaining SSDTs without an x (compiling and saving as .aml files) but without patches.

For custom power management of the cpu (SSDT.aml) i will refer to this guide here: [Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops

Placing ACPI files in Clover:

You should now have these .aml files ALL without errors SOME patched:

DSDT.aml (patched)
SSDT.aml (from guide in link above)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml (patched)
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-14.aml
SSDT-15.aml (patched)

Open Clover Configurator and mount internal EFI. Open EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ and place all your .aml files here. Also, place Desktop/Dell_7559/patches/SSDT_UIAC.aml there.

Open Desktop/Dell_7559/config/ and place the config.plist in EFI/Clover/

The FakePCIID for graphics 0x191b0000 in this config.plist works for me. It may be different if you have the 4K screen version of this laptop.

Open the config.plist you just placed in EFI/Clover/ and Clover Configurator will open. Go to the section SMBIOS and click the magic wand icon. Choose the MacBook icon and shake a few times with the Week and Unit until you find a Serial that’s not valid (means it isn’t used yet by an official Mac). You can check that here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Close Clover Configurator when you have found one.

Reboot now and everything should work.

These are the exact steps that i’ve taken and it’s working excellently. If you have any questions, i will try to respond correct and quick.

Special thanks to RehabMan for helping me and for providing various laptop patches and kexts!

Enjoy!
did u change your dvmt pre alloc at the bios? can u use nvidia gt 960m -4gb instead of intel hd520 ...there's a webdriver for nvidia for el capitan 10.11.4 osx can hd520 be disable and use nvidia gtx960m as video card instead ,have u tried it? on my desktop hackintosh nvidia gtx960 works on 10.11.4 using webdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back