Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vriend, I had the same problem, my screen became black after this step when I had been installing.
I've resolved the issue by adding the last kexts from RehabMan into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ such as FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and others.

My full list of kexts in the Clover EFI:
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/FakePCIID.kext
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/FakeSMC.kext
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/RealtekRTL8111.kext

Also I provide all updated kexts for this laptop in the one package. The part of them you should put into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ before installing and all of them you should install with KextBeast after installing OS X.

Attachments

• kexts.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 124
Thanks for the tips RehabMan and DreamSworK,

@RehabMan
I've tried all the USB port of my laptop with no changed results. Could there be something wrong with the USB itself?

@DreamSworK
I've added all the *.kext files included in your post. You can see that it loads some of them correctly but it still hangs at the same code regarding the USB. Also tested the different ports with no changes.

Any other ideas of what might be going wrong? Can I submit any files that would help the problemsolving?

Kind regards!

IMG_1145.JPG IMG_1146.JPG

Last edited:
Vriend, try to use pre-configured EFI from this tutorial It helped me, I only added new kexts.
Optional:
1) Try to update BIOS to the last version
2) Try to use another version of Clover EFI

Thanks for the tips RehabMan and DreamSworK,

@RehabMan
I've tried all the USB port of my laptop with no changed results. Could there be something wrong with the USB itself?

@DreamSworK
I've added all the *.kext files included in your post. You can see that it loads some of them correctly but it still hangs at the same code regarding the USB. Also tested the different ports with no changes.

Any other ideas of what might be going wrong? Can I submit any files that would help the problemsolving?

Kind regards!

View attachment 274503 View attachment 274504

Make sure you try all USB ports with both a USB2 flash drive and USB3 flash drive.

Otherwise...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thanks for all the help so far. Had a couple of breakthroughs but seem to be stuck again.

I've been able to install El Capitan on the SSD using the second HD as UniBeast Clover installer. I couldn't get the USB's working, no matter which port or type (2 or 3.0).

Now i'm stuck in osX without the Ethernet connection or USB support. Tried using KextBeast to install the kext @DreamSworK posted but somehow they didn't end up in the Library/Extensions folder so I did it manually with Terminal using sudo cp, rebuild the kextcache and checked the status with "kextstat" (described in . They seem to be loaded but they don't add the functionality they ought to. Am I missing something? Do you guys know what might be the matter?

Kind regards,
Vriend.

Thanks for all the help so far. Had a couple of breakthroughs but seem to be stuck again.

I've been able to install El Capitan on the SSD using the second HD as UniBeast Clover installer. I couldn't get the USB's working, no matter which port or type (2 or 3.0).

Now i'm stuck in osX without the Ethernet connection or USB support. Tried using KextBeast to install the kext @DreamSworK posted but somehow they didn't end up in the Library/Extensions folder so I did it manually with Terminal using sudo cp, rebuild the kextcache and checked the status with "kextstat" (described in . They seem to be loaded but they don't add the functionality they ought to. Am I missing something? Do you guys know what might be the matter?

Kind regards,
Vriend.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Does the combined jack works? Can I use a headphone with mic with it?

Thanks.

If I update with the combo update I need to copy some kext, so I need to use the kext in the Dell_7559_Sierra?
My laptop is the same as in the guide..
Thanks!

Last edited:
I followed this guide and managed to get everything working but the Nvidia DSTD patch, except I have bought and installed the BCM9435Z and still do not have audio or wifi. The audio layout 3 patch is not working, I have also tried voodoohda and cloverhda to no success--coreaudio simply is not showing up in my audio preferences. Also upgraded to BCM9435Z (not BCM94352, by the way, which doesn't fit in my computer. I feel its fair to mention google will autocorrect this and it is too easy to buy the wrong part) but wifi is also not showing up as an option in my network preferences, it is straight up greyed out. I don't know how to get Mac OS Sierra to notice them.

These are the last 2 things I need to get working to have this be a fully functional mac, so I would appreciate help in fixing them.

Also, please tell me what info or logs i should include to aid with troubleshooting.

I have the 1080p 960M version as well and I followed the guide, but I can't run the installer. It seems like the boot process goes fine with no errors, but after the text is done the screen just goes black. The read/write light on the USB drive goes on, so it looks like it successfully booted but is failing to output anything to the screen. Any ideas what I might have missed?

(Also, it does not always make it past
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no )

I've had the same issues happen when i set kext-dev-mode=1. Cursory research suggests that unsigned kexts can cause Sierra to go wonky. May also be the source of my audio / wifi problems, but it does boot at least. After that if you get issues saying that Mac OS X is not compatible with this computer, you need to set your SMBIOS settings in your config file, its probably because you left that empty. After that, verbose readout may indicate ACPI issues that appear to loop and you may get the inclination to restart your computer, but they will eventually time out. Those errors will go away and will boot much faster once you have DSDT patches completed. (thanks rehabman for that one)

I don't want to sound like the blind leading the blind here, but you may also try turning on Dell SMBIOS patch. I don't know if its necessary, but it seems to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back