Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for trying to help, those are the settings and that's the method I've tried using before. I variously unplug my power before i hit the power button but i'm sure i haven't been that thorough about it. I've tried creating the installer 3 times and it's the same every time. I've tried every which way. I'm not even sure what it could be at this point. I tried reverting to 1.1.3, trying it then going back up to 1.1.5. I could try removing my extra ram but apparently others are having the same problem with a single stick of ram. I'm going to post my AIDA64 hardware report if anyone knows any red flags to look for in it.

Is there a version of clover i should try?

What do you see, when you boot verbose?

img_20160512_020401276-jpg.195303
a variation of this message. same with the 2nd version . the low memory version just starts with an underscore and never moves same as if i use no osxaptiofixdrv version

Last edited by a moderator:
img_20160512_020401276-jpg.195303
a variation of this message. same with the 2nd version . the low memory version just starts with an underscore and never moves same as if i use no osxaptiofixdrv version

Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Last edited by a moderator:
Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

sure i can, to refresh i tried your suggestions. I've tried each of OsxAptioFixDrv, ver2, lowmem version with both HFSPlus and vboxhfs-64. I've used two different USB drives and created installers 3 times trying both unibeast as well as createinstallmedia. I've tried all my different USB ports. Secure boot is off, bios version is 1.1.5. Most attempts have been made with the power cord unplugged, though i attempted a few times with the power cord plugged in. Going to try an older clover version again since i haven't tried anything yet today.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 93
sure i can, to refresh i tried your suggestions. I've tried each of OsxAptioFixDrv, ver2, lowmem version with both HFSPlus and vboxhfs-64. I've used two different USB drives and created installers 3 times trying both unibeast as well as createinstallmedia. I've tried all my different USB ports. Secure boot is off, bios version is 1.1.5. Most attempts have been made with the power cord unplugged, though i attempted a few times with the power cord plugged in. Going to try an older clover version again since i haven't tried anything yet today.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not needed for your hardware.

But you may need other USB solutions: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Lots of churn in the Clover code lately, so trying an older Clover revision is not a bad idea.

Are you positive the charging settings in BIOS are correct?

Guys, I'm a bit worried about my battery; these are my usage statistics:
Schermafbeelding 2016-05-17 om 22.39.35.png

Guys, I'm a bit worried about my battery; these are my usage statistics:
View attachment 195991
Have you disabled nvidia with DSDT edits? If you have only Intel HD 530 in your system information under video you're good.
Mine lasts 4-6 hours browsing

Have you disabled nvidia with DSDT edits? If you have only Intel HD 530 in your system information under video you're good.
Mine lasts 4-6 hours browsing

...And nothing more...

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2016-05-18 om 18.03.21.png
    Schermafbeelding 2016-05-18 om 18.03.21.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 172
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back