Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 El Capitan Hackintosh (Dual Boot With Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post #1 reads:

Kexts in this thread are older than the other guide. For ex. fakepciid intel _skl_graphics was installed on my hackintosh, i replaced with intel_hd_graphics but in S/L/E and in clover/kexts/other folder but didn't solve flickering issue.

Kexts in this thread are older than the other guide. For ex. fakepciid intel _skl_graphics was installed on my hackintosh, i replaced with intel_hd_graphics but in S/L/E and in clover/kexts/other folder but didn't solve flickering issue.

You should download kexts from the original source instead of from attachments anyway...

You should download kexts from the original source instead of from attachments anyway...
1) i replaced all the kexts with the new one but problems are not solved.
2) I made a clean install of the system changing the kext into file zip of this guide (in folder "into install" "after install" and "kext") but not solve any issue. I don't know why first time worked nice and now not.

i think that my problem is mobo Intel 0H0CC0.

Changing kexts i have to change also config.plist file? because i use the same

Last edited:
1) i replaced all the kexts with the new one but problems are not solved.
2) I made a clean install of the system changing the kext into file zip of this guide (in folder "into install" "after install" and "kext") but not solve any issue. I don't know why first time worked nice and now not.

i think that my problem is mobo Intel 0H0CC0.

Changing kexts i have to change also config.plist file? because i use the same

Let's start at the basics... hardware details...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

question, I got the same laptop as you 7559 4k screen I patched the dsdt and everything seems like its working fine except graphics acceleration, can you please tell me how did you get your graphics working? I can only boot with ig-platform set to 0x0a260006, thank you very much

question, I got the same laptop as you 7559 4k screen I patched the dsdt and everything seems like its working fine except graphics acceleration, can you please tell me how did you get your graphics working? I can only boot with ig-platform set to 0x0a260006, thank you very much

Using an invalid ig-platform-id will simply disable the graphics drivers.
Did you use the pixel clock patch (IOKit/CoreDisplay patch) for 4k?

--

("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Let's start at the basics... hardware details...

attach ioreg(before and after close lid)+clover+kextstat+kekxcache

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 83
attach ioreg(before and after close lid)+clover+kextstat+kekxcache

Your ioreg shows USB WiFi in use. Test without it.
You may need to use a different ig-platform-id.

Your ioreg shows USB WiFi in use. Test without it.
You may need to use a different ig-platform-id.

i tried also without wifi usb but it's the same.
in config.plist>system parameters>inject kext i must use yes or detect?
with ig-platform 0x19160002 – Skylake ULT GT2 opening lid works fine but fans are always on. what happens?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back