Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 El Capitan Hackintosh (Dual Boot With Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if this laptop would work with Mavericks? I cannot have OSX past 10.9 because I'm using Pro Tools 10. I'm thinking about replacing my laptop with this one but this is really important to make the decision.

Does anyone know if this laptop would work with Mavericks? I cannot have OSX past 10.9 because I'm using Pro Tools 10. I'm thinking about replacing my laptop with this one but this is really important to make the decision.

The laptop covered by this thread is Skylake.
"good" Skylake support started to appear only in 10.11.4.

Anyone managed to get iMessage/FaceTime working? Everything works like a charm including iCloud. It's just the activation errors. Even after changing serial number and uuid in smbios. Only using Ethernet. No wifi card. Also Ethernet is set as en0. Using 1080p version by the way
Followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ and have iMessage working for months. No working WiFi card and connects through Ethernet or an Android phone shared connection. Just FYI if it helps.

Is there any EZ way to upgrade this to sierra?
Also actually the air drop dos not work here....

Just for confirmation, I’ve installed successfully OS X El Capitan + Windows 7 x64 by the tutorial provided Johnnnnnnnnnny. It looks fine and it works fast.

This tutorial is very detailed and is better for beginners compared to the other one from dodvip123. Thank you Johnnnnnnnnnny for the tutorial and RehabMan for your kexts and expert help.

However, I have some problems with an external display connected to the laptop, I will describe in more details a little bit later.

UPDATE: Use latest Clover bootloader

It fixed me a problem of beeing unable to boot after some updates. It also fixed the problem of not beeing able to boot without adapter and booting with 2 screens connected now also works. See the EFI folder if you need help

Attachments

• EFI (Boot after installed3).zip
    20.5 MB · Views: 173
Hi: I wanna know how to safely reinstall win10 while keep mac alive?

Hi, I`m sorry but I really didn`t see anything in terms of reinstall one of the os... I think I simply follow the steps of installing windows 10 in this guide, and its able to keep my mac os, am I right?

Hi, I`m sorry but I really didn`t see anything in terms of reinstall one of the os... I think I simply follow the steps of installing windows 10 in this guide, and its able to keep my mac os, am I right?

Read post #2 of the guide. Again. Carefully.

Also, please fix your profile as per FAQ (all 7 requested details must be present in your profile).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back