Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 El Capitan Hackintosh (Dual Boot With Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using bios version1. 0.1 is bootable with CloverUEFI, but need to removed all USB insert and charge before power on

Good for you :) but I've tried all the BIOS versions (on the 4 laptops) that are available and it didn't want to boot. The only option that was successful was the one that I mentioned in the previous post.

Hi all, I've been following this guide up until Step 5 Install MacOS to my HDD then I'm stuck. I've seen a lot of errors and crashes in the verbose logs (attached screenshot though not full logs) but I don't know what can I do.

Please help.

Additional info:
- I have Windows 10 installed on my SSD but I did remove it when booting the installer.
- My screen is 4K and I did follow the guide to replace all the config.plist files with the one in the 4k folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
  • verbose-logs.jpg
    verbose-logs.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 116
Hi all, I've been following this guide up until Step 5 Install MacOS to my HDD then I'm stuck. I've seen a lot of errors and crashes in the verbose logs (attached screenshot though not full logs) but I don't know what can I do.

Please help.

Additional info:
- I have Windows 10 installed on my SSD but I did remove it when booting the installer.
- My screen is 4K and I did follow the guide to replace all the config.plist files with the one in the 4k folder.

This guide is for OS X 10.11, not macOS, but if you're installing macOS on a 4k screen, you need to patch CoreDisplay to defeat the pixel clock limitation (in 10.11, it is an IOKit patch, 10.12 CoreDisplay patch).

This guide is for OS X 10.11, not macOS, but if you're installing macOS on a 4k screen, you need to patch CoreDisplay to defeat the pixel clock limitation (in 10.11, it is an IOKit patch, 10.12 CoreDisplay patch).

Thanks for the reply!
Oh I can't find any guide to install Sierra for my laptop model so I bet the guide for El Capitan would work similarly for Sierra, guess not.
Without the CoreDisplay patch, the installer can't run properly? as I thought patches and kexts are to be applied after installation. Can you kindy point me a full guide that I can follow as I'm totally a newbie to this hackintosh, if you know there is any?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply!
Oh I can't find any guide to install Sierra for my laptop model so I bet the guide for El Capitan would work similarly for Sierra, guess not.
Without the CoreDisplay patch, the installer can't run properly? as I thought patches and kexts are to be applied after installation. Can you kindy point me a full guide that I can follow as I'm totally a newbie to this hackintosh, if you know there is any?

Thanks.

Until you can patch for the pixel clock, you must use an invalid ig-platform-id or external monitor. The internal 4k display will not work with the graphics drivers until the patch is in place.

Until you can patch for the pixel clock, you must use an invalid ig-platform-id or external monitor. The internal 4k display will not work with the graphics drivers until the patch is in place.

I checked my config.plist (also attached in post #422) and the ig_platform_id is set to 0x191b0000. The problem blocking me right now is I can't even get to the MacOS installer (screenshot also attached in post #422)...

Or do I actually need the SATA controller 100-series kext to get it working, though the newer MacOS version should have supported Skylake (See from somewhere in this forum) ?

I checked my config.plist (also attached in post #422) and the ig_platform_id is set to 0x191b0000. The problem blocking me right now is I can't even get to the MacOS installer (screenshot also attached in post #422)...

If you expect to use the internal 4k display you must use an *invalid* ig-platform-id until you can patch for the pixel clock.
Typically you would use 0x12345678 for the installer and prior to patching for the pixel clock limitation.

Or do I actually need the SATA controller 100-series kext to get it working, though the newer MacOS version should have supported Skylake (See from somewhere in this forum) ?

SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is generally required for 100-series mobile chipsets.

Hello geniuses. I'm still a noob at this, and following directions incorrectly, somehow wound up with an Inspiron 7559 4K touch screen with touchscreen working in macOS Sierra. Sound wasn't working, so I started adding kexts, and blew up my touch screen. When it was working, there was an icon in System Settings labelled "Ink"

I mixed instructions and kexts from these two sets of instructions in my first attempt. Mind you, I had lot's of interruptions, and did not log progress on the first attempt.

1) https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-inspiron-15-7559-sierra-install.201576/
2) https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/5os21r/success_dell_7559_i7_4k_uhd_laptop/
3) This guide

I would love to get this working again if anyone else has seen it/has any knowledge about this.

If I did this right, here is a brief movie I took to show a friend (prior to nuking it).

WARNING: Apologies in advance for the 2 f-bombs in the video

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks.
look here and tell how it goes
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-inspiron-15-7559-sierra-install.201576/

Your DSDT.aml has some corrupt data.
Remove the External declarations with invalid characters.
External (***J, UnknownObj) // Warning: Unknown object
External (0**J, UnknownObj) // Warning: Unknown object
External (P**H, UnknownObj) // Warning: Unknown object

After removing those lines, result is no errors.

Hi, I'm having the same issues...

besides that, the iasl output is not deterministic:

2 runs of disassembly gives rise to different .dsl files:

Code:
--- run1.dsl    2017-04-14 16:12:43.000000000 -0300
+++ run2.dsl    2017-04-14 16:12:49.000000000 -0300
@@ -45,7 +45,8 @@
      * a reference file -- refs.txt
      */

-    External (****, UnknownObj)    // Warning: Unknown object
+    External (***M, UnknownObj)    // Warning: Unknown object
+    External (***O, UnknownObj)    // Warning: Unknown object
     External (_GPE.HLVT, MethodObj)    // 0 Arguments
     External (_GPE.MMTB, MethodObj)    // Imported: 0 Arguments
     External (_GPE.P0L6, MethodObj)    // 0 Arguments
@@ -121,6 +122,7 @@
     External (P1WK, FieldUnitObj)
     External (P2GP, FieldUnitObj)
     External (P2WK, FieldUnitObj)
+    External (P6*O, UnknownObj)    // Warning: Unknown object
     External (PCP2, IntObj)
     External (PDC0, IntObj)
     External (PDC1, IntObj)

output of iasl -v:
ASL+ Optimizing Compiler version 20161210-64(RM)

clover version does not affect the dump (tried with several, r4049 the latest).

@RehabMan do you have any clues on what may be going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back