Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 El Capitan Hackintosh (Dual Boot With Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I followed this guide — I have the same make and model of laptop — but I've run into a problem at the end of step 7d:

- Open the EFI/Clover/config.plist with Clover Configurator. Go to the section SMBIOS and click the magic wand icon. Choose the MacBook icon and select MacBook 11,1 in the dropdown menu.​

I've made it to this step, but when I open the config.plist with Clover Configurator, there are no Macbook 11,1 options in the SMBIOS section. The MacBook dropdown only goes to MacBook 9,1. I had tried the MacBook Pro 11,1 (retina) model on a previous attempt and it ended up sending me to a black screen on restart (couldn't boot into Mac OS). MacBook Air also does not have an 11,1 option.

I've read through a couple guides with this laptop make / model, but I haven't been able to find a solution for my SMBIOS problem, nor does it seem like anyone else has been looking for a solution. I have also updated Clover Configurator to the most current version.

Any guides or assistance would be very helpful; thank you in advance!

I also apologize if this has been covered somewhere else and I have overlooked it.

Edit: I've found information about writing my own settings for the SMBIOS section of the config.plist, but they have been for iMacs or MacPro. Since this is a Skylake Hackintosh, I'm also assuming that I should avoid the Broadwell settings and avoid anything that is not 11,1?

-----

CPU: i7 6700HQ
Graphics: HD 530 + Nvidia GTX 960m (4Gb)
1080p screen
RAM: 16 Gb DDR3L
Storage: 250Gb M.2 SSD Samsung EVO + 1 Tb original Sata SSHD
BIOS: 1.2.0

Last edited:
Hey man.I'm new hear and i'm using the I5 model(with an toshiba ssd,and the BIOS version is 1.1.8).I just following every steps of yours above but still get a two line issue.The only way i can solve it is to disabe the OPROM Setting then reboot ,and then enable the OPROM Setting again.By this way i still get two lines but then a line of + shows and then it goes to the install.Also, i had to do this every time i boot my laptop.So,do you guys have any way for me to solve this problem?Thanks a lot for any reply.

Hey man.I'm new hear and i'm using the I5 model(with an toshiba ssd,and the BIOS version is 1.1.8).I just following every steps of yours above but still get a two line issue.The only way i can solve it is to disabe the OPROM Setting then reboot ,and then enable the OPROM Setting again.By this way i still get two lines but then a line of + shows and then it goes to the install.Also, i had to do this every time i boot my laptop.So,do you guys have any way for me to solve this problem?Thanks a lot for any reply.
the same problem I got with you,not a perfect solution,clover legacy boot is better than UEFI on i5(7559)

Yes,and i still can't get my sound worked yet,don't know how to do now
maybe you need to patch dsdt.aml and install drivers,follow this guide to postinstall,it's helpfull.

maybe you need to patch dsdt.aml and install drivers,follow this guide to postinstall,it's helpfull.
yes...i already followed this guide,there's no error occured but the sound ,i think i should try it again tomorrow.Anyway thanks for your reply

Hi, I have been on a mission lately to get Hackintosh working for my Laptop. Guide was an absolute breeze to follow (I did everything STEP by STEP). I have just noticed that HDMI Audio not working and Audio through 3.5mm jack is not the best either (A lot of distortion and the sound is muffled beyond believe). Another thing I have noticed is that battery never charges and uses it only as source, is there a fix for that? Can someone please guide me.

Thanks
TheFishBlub

Hi, I have been on a mission lately to get Hackintosh working for my Laptop. Guide was an absolute breeze to follow (I did everything STEP by STEP). I have just noticed that HDMI Audio not working and Audio through 3.5mm jack is not the best either (A lot of distortion and the sound is muffled beyond believe). Another thing I have noticed is that battery never charges and uses it only as source, is there a fix for that? Can someone please guide me.

Thanks
TheFishBlub

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting".
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

For those with a i5-6300HQ processor, the only way to install and have a workable macOS on your Dell 7559 laptop is to take out the SSD or HDD from the laptop and install it on another device, insert the necessary files (clover bootloader legacy, config.plist and kexts in the EFI folder) and after that put back in the Dell 7559. I've already done it with 4 Dell 7559 laptops with i5-6300HQ processor and now they are working perfectly.

For those with a i5-6300HQ processor, the only way to install and have a workable macOS on your Dell 7559 laptop is to take out the SSD or HDD from the laptop and install it on another device, insert the necessary files (clover bootloader legacy, config.plist and kexts in the EFI folder) and after that put back in the Dell 7559. I've already done it with 4 Dell 7559 laptops with i5-6300HQ processor and now they are working perfectly.
Using bios version1. 0.1 is bootable with CloverUEFI, but need to removed all USB insert and charge before power on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back