Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 El Capitan Hackintosh (Dual Boot With Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the backlight guide. I tried installing ACPIBacklight as the guide suggested. My computer wouldn't boot after I installed it. I had to boot from USB and remove it to get back to where I am. I have to say there is a lot in that guide which is over my head.

I am having another problem which is more of a problem. If the computer screen dims to black as if it's about to go to sleep AND I don't let it go to sleep, if it hit the spacebar or anykey to wake it up before it sleeps, the screen stays black and backlight comes on full brightness. The only way back from the abyss is to force reboot. The keyboard backlight button does turn the keyboard backlight on and off but nothing else works.

There is a lot over my head also. But hey, man, we made it mostly. I have been in that abyss also, and I think I'm going to try leaving the computer on all the time plugged in or not for now.

Did you try the suggestion by fengcen? "Thanks! I remove EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, and then the brightness can be restored at boot."

I'm going to try it tonight.

Also, are you brave enough to try and update to Sierra? >:D

There is a lot over my head also. But hey, man, we made it mostly. I have been in that abyss also, and I think I'm going to try leaving the computer on all the time plugged in or not for now.

Did you try the suggestion by fengcen? "Thanks! I remove EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, and then the brightness can be restored at boot."

I'm going to try it tonight.

Also, are you brave enough to try and update to Sierra? >:D

Backlight guide recommends "Brightness Fix" + IntelBacklight.kext.

See here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

It is quite simple. Read carefully.

Your profile has inadequate (and likely wrong) hardware details.

Please fix as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Well, Sorry for the inadequate hardware details. I actually didn't knew that i have to submit my hardware details. So now I have done it.

and the Problem above I mentioned is Solved, I don't know how but it is solved. Now I have booted my Mac OS X El Capitan and I have followed every steps but then also I am not Getting any Sound and Battery Indication.

So can You help please.
Thanks

Well, Sorry for the inadequate hardware details. I actually didn't knew that i have to submit my hardware details. So now I have done it.

Not done. Not accurate. Your profile states only Nvidia. No doubt you have Nvidia+Intel HD530. Also, screen resolution is missing.

Not done. Not accurate. Your profile states only Nvidia. No doubt you have Nvidia+Intel HD530. Also, screen resolution is missing.

Is my Profile complete now?

I have followed every steps but then also I am not Getting any Sound and Battery Indication.

Need details...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

hello
my 2011 mbp is dying i am in the market for a laptop for video editing.
unfortunately my finances are low so MBP is not possible at the moment.

Would you recommand a Dell 7559 ? I'll need to run FCPX and Sierra.

I can get a second hand dell7559 with 2 years warranty, i7/4k display/128gb ssd+1Tb hdd for 900 euros.

Thanks for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back