Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 El Capitan Hackintosh (Dual Boot With Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic guide, thanks for making this. One thing, I think you mean "BCM94352Z" for the wifi card (you forgot the 2 :) )

Also, I would like to mention how I solved two issues:

1. Kernel Panic (Page Fault) during install
I installed an extra stick of RAM before, but I had to take it out for the installer to run. After it was done, I just popped it back in.

2. No battery % and no Audio

Remove audio kext for S/L/E, boot without caches, then rebuild caches with "sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /"
Reinstall the kexts with kextbeast, rebuild caches, reboot, and you are good to go.

Thanks. I´ll fix the wifi name in the guide.

I Installed sucesfully even with upgraded RAM to 2*8Gb (different brands) so probably this issue does not apply to everybody.

As for the audio and battery - I had this problem too but it was fixed after a first reboot so I didn´t mention it in the guide.
Any of you guys did the update for .6 version ?

Updated with no problem. It takes around 10 minutes and then it boots just fine.

Updated with no problem. It takes around 10 minutes and then it boots just fine.
How do i update the osx? Just download it from the app store and install it?

How do i update the osx? Just download it from the app store and install it?
If you are using Clover UEFI you can update just like on real Macbook ;-)

If you are using Clover UEFI you can update just like on real Macbook ;-)
Ok
thanks!
you can help me with my screen problem please? i tried to wake the screen with the power button but no luck..
what else can i do to fix this problem?
I found some errors in SSDT-1.dsl in some SLEEP methods when i compile it with iASL.. how do i fix them?
Or you can check your SSDT-1 file to see if you get some errors?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Ok
thanks!
you can help me with my screen problem please? i tried to wake the screen with the power button but no luck..
what else can i do to fix this problem?
I found some errors in SSDT-1.dsl in some SLEEP methods when i compile it with iASL.. how do i fix them?
Or you can check your SSDT-1 file to see if you get some errors?
Thanks!

You should use the original SSDT-1.aml as described in the guide. No compiling required for this one.
I´m no expert in patching SSDT´s but if you try to fix any errors anyway you should read the guide about patching laptop DSDT and SSDT´s.
Fixing errors sould be covered there.

You should use the original SSDT-1.aml as described in the guide. No compiling required for this one.
I´m no expert in patching SSDT´s but if you try to fix any errors anyway you should read the guide about patching laptop DSDT and SSDT´s.
Fixing errors sould be covered there.
Im using the original SSDT but i open every one of the original SSDTs and all of them are ok except SSDT-1 i bave an error when compile it..

Im using the original SSDT but i open every one of the original SSDTs and all of them are ok except SSDT-1 i bave an error when compile it..

What is the error? Post your file ... keep in mind you should not be opening an AML directly.

Also, did you look for patches in the repo that might address the error?

What is the error? Post your file ... keep in mind you should not be opening an AML directly.

I will attech the file in a few minutes..
Yes i tried to patch but no luck..

i attached the file with error here
i tried to delete the lines but i get more errors
and also tried to patch things but nothing work.. i can't get it fixed
any help?

Attachments

• SSDT-1.dsl
    5.8 KB · Views: 138
i attached the file with error here
i tried to delete the lines but i get more errors
and also tried to patch things but nothing work.. i can't get it fixed
any help?

No errors after applying "Remove _DSM methods". Did you read the guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back