- Jan 27, 2019
- Dell Inspiron 7548 - Clover
- HD 5500, R7 M270, 3840x2160
- Dell Inspiron 15 7548
- Display: 15,6" 4K Truelife Touchscreen panel (3480x2160)
- Processor: Intel Core i7-5500U
- Memory: 16GB DDR3
- Hard drive: 256GB SSD
- Video: Intel HD 5500 / AMD R7 260 (disabled)
- Audio: ALC3234 (ALC255)
- Wireless: Dell DW1560
- Ports: 2 USB 3.0 • 1 USB 2.0 • 1 HDMI • Headphone jack • SD Card slot
- Camera: Integrated webcam
- Operating system: macOS 10.14.3
- Battery status
- Brightness w/brightness keys
- USB ports (USB3/2, webcam, SD Card)
- Wifi / Bluetooth (Handoff, AirDrop, AirPlay not tested)
- Audio (HDMI, internal speakers, headphones and microphone)
- Power Management (with AMD graphics disabled)
- Trackpad/Touchscreen Gestures (4 finger gesture not supported on trackpad)
- Full 4K resolution on built-in display (1840x1035@60 HiDPI max) and through HDMI (1920x1080@60 non-HiDPI max)
- Sleep, you might get a black screen or freeze at wake sometimes
0. BIOS settings
- Virtualization: [Disabled]
- SATA Operation: [AHCI]
- Boot List Option: [UEFI]
- Secure Boot: [Disabled]
- LoadLegacy Option Rom (CSM): [Enabled]
1. Building the macOS Installer
Partitioning the USB
Use a 16GB USB2 partitioned as GPT (hidden EFI partition automatically created).
With the USB pluged in, determine its identifier with 'diskutil' command, in Terminal:
# repartition /dev/disk2 GPT, one partition # EFI will be created automatically # second partition, "install_macos", HFS+J, remainder diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk2 1 GPT HFS+J "install_macos" R
Building the Installer
Download macOS Mojave from AppStore.
Use the same mechanism you would use to create a USB installer for a real Mac (createinstallmedia), in Terminal:
# copy installer image sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/install_macos --nointeraction # rename sudo diskutil rename "Install macOS Mojave" install_macos
Download Clover Installer from RehabMan fork: https://github.com/RehabMan/Clover
Run the Clover Installer package (Clover UEFI on GPT):
- select the target of the install to "install_macos" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (the default is Legacy)
- check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
- check "BGM" from Themes
- the defaults for Drivers64UEFI are recommended
Add HFSPlus.efi to EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI (not included in the Clover installer): https://github.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro/raw/master/Files/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi
Preparing essential kexts
Download and copy to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other the essential kexts listed below.
- AirportBrcmFixup.kext: https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup
- FakeSMC.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek
- Lilu.kext: https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu
- USBInjectAll.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All
- VoodooPS2Controller.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller
- WhateverGreen.kext: https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen
Download config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist from: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/archive/master.zip
- comment framebuffer patch on Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)
- set DellSIMBIOSPatch to YES on KernelAndKextPatches
- rename it to config.plist and replace in EFI/CLOVER.
2. Using the macOS Installer
Note: The SSD must be previously formated by Windows or Disk Utility.
- Boot your computer to the USB.
- Clover bootloader screen shows up, select "install_macos" (boot verbose).
- Use Disk Utility to partition your drive as GPT, create a APFS partition and install macOS to your formatted partition.
- Clover bootloader screen shows up (it can happen many times), select "Boot macOS from YourPartition". "YourPartition" will be named depending on what you chose in Disk Utility in step 3.
- If everything goes well you'll arrive at the macOS desktop.
Note: If you can't reach System Preferences to scale down resolution, boot with ivalid ig-platform-id, install some VNC viewer and control the Macbook from another device.
3. Basic Post Installation
Installing Clover to SSD
The Clover installation to the SSD is the same as installing it to the USB, except that the install targer will be your macOS system volume.
To mount the EFI partition containing Clover, in Terminal:
# determine EFI partition identifier diskutil list # make mounting directory sudo mkdir /Volumes/efi # mount the EFI partition sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi
sudo diskutil mount EFI
Note: the IONetworkingFamily.kext patch found on KernelAndKextPatches/KextToPatch must be removed now that we have a running system.
Install kexts from Clover and those needeed to L/E from Terminal:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions
sudo rm -Rf /Library/Extensions/KextToRemove.kext
sudo kextcache -i /
Download the install_tools.sh from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/, and run in Terminal:
chmod a+x ~/Downloads/install_tools.sh ~/Downloads/install_tools.sh #tu run it gen_debug
RehabMan's complete install guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
8.8 KB Views: 169