Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 3543 - macOS 10.14.X - Broadwell (i3-5005u)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jevinruv I was looking into your last post about changing the .plist files of the PowerManagement files with the stock screen. If you wouldn't mind, could you install macOS on a seperate drive and check if sleep does not work from the separate drive, dont delete the power management files, I want you to open them and see under Update DarkWakeBG Setting if it says YES or NO.

If you can :D

EDIT: To explain why, if you open the PowerManagement.plist it has this SystemPowerSettings line within it is Update DarkWakeBG Setting, the stock .plist file shows the value being YES meaning it does update and NO it doesn't. I believe this may contribute to the black screen affect.

sorry for the late reply, i will try this as soon as i get my holidays :)
btw what does the "Update DarkWakeBG Setting" setting do?

sorry for the late reply, i will try this as soon as i get my holidays :)
btw what does the "Update DarkWakeBG Setting" setting do?
Not sure, wanted you to try it with stock screen. I assume it might somehow incorporate with the darwake boot args and maybe the internal screen, idk.

@Jevinruv I need you to test this if you will. Dont do the power management thing.S3 Video Repost Variable: 0x89, by default this is disabled. Need some testers to set it to 0x1

Same way with the dvmt except do

Setup_var 0x89 0x1

so dont do
Code:
Setup_var 0x229 0x3
Setup_var 0x22A 0x3

only do this?
Code:
Setup_var 0x89 0x1

so dont do
Code:
Setup_var 0x229 0x3
Setup_var 0x22A 0x3

only do this?
Code:
Setup_var 0x89 0x1
You already did Setup_var 0x229 and 0x22A, they are stored values no need to change, only do Setup_var 0x89 0x1.

That is what sets the sleep video repost

@AnonymousMacPC I Have the Same laptop But Mine having i7 5500U Processor and 840M GPU. I have ordereded BCM94322HM8L WiFi Card From AliExpress. Will it work OOTB in macOs mojave?
By my understanding this should be native. Reply back if its not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back