Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Dell Inspiron 14R N4110 (Sandy Bridge) - Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I tried this guide but I'm still making several adaptations (trackpad does not work, keyboard, some kernel panics, etc.)
Remembering that my model is a DELL Latitude e6320.

hi aurthur

may i know your graphic card is shared memory ( intel hd 3000 )
or individual graphic card ( nvidia or ati )
or both ( optimus )

i have problem on loading the display kext on my Lion installation

shown only 1024 x 768 resolution

no other selection

any other , pls guide me , big thank

luckyhall said:
may i know your graphic card is shared memory ( intel hd 3000 )
or individual graphic card ( nvidia or ati )
or both ( optimus )

my display is Intel HD Graphics 3000 only (no optimus)

i have problem on loading the display kext on my Lion installation

shown only 1024 x 768 resolution

no other selection

any other , pls guide me , big thank

We pm'd and I learned you have different laptop from the N4110, although with similar specs. Sorry, I'm not familiar with setting up Lion your laptop (Asus A73).

Hey, so after I install chimera manually and it sticks I still get the Operating System not found error. I boot back into SL with iboot and check again if the boot1h file is still there and it is. I dont know whats wrong. Help? D:

vicious_killa24 said:
Hey, so after I install chimera manually and it sticks I still get the Operating System not found error. I boot back into SL with iboot and check again if the boot1h file is still there and it is. I dont know whats wrong. Help? D:

How is your drive formatted?

I get that error message when I tried to install on a GPT formatted drive. My 14R N4110 only boots from an MBR formatted drive. That's why I install on a GPT formatted external drive, use an iBoot-LE cd to boot to that drive, and then copy the installation to the MBR formatted internal drive. This is all described in the guide. Hope that makes sense.

notywtr said:
vicious_killa24 said:

How is your drive formatted?

I get that error message when I tried to install on a GPT formatted drive. My 14R N4110 only boots from an MBR formatted drive. That's why I install on a GPT formatted external drive, use an iBoot-LE cd to boot to that drive, and then copy the installation to the MBR formatted internal drive. This is all described in the guide. Hope that makes sense.

Yeah its on a mbr partition. :/

vicious_killa24 said:
Yeah its on a mbr partition. :/

Ok... It sounds like you don't have boot0 installed.

Did you first install Chimera with either Multibeast (Easybeast) or the Chimera package (these attempt to install boot0, boot1h, and boot). This by itself should get you past the Operation System not found message on an MBR disk. If it was only the boot1h file that didn't get installed correctly, then you would get a boot0: error message (it can't find boot1h).

btw, are you installing on a N4110?

Okay, yeah I've tried installing chimera by itself and with multibeast. And yeah I've got a n4110 with sandy bridge and hd3000 only.

vicious_killa24 said:
Okay, yeah I've tried installing chimera by itself and with multibeast. And yeah I've got a n4110 with sandy bridge and hd3000 only.

strange...

Can you boot with iBoot and report the output of "diskutil list" from the command line?

and indicate which disk/partition you've installed Lion and Chimera on and trying to boot from?

Yeah you do that by typing -s while booting into snow leopard right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back