Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 7359 (Skylake, i7-6500U, Intel HD 520) dual boot OSX El Capitan and Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what amount of DVMT should I set for Sierra?

It can depend on which ig-platform-id you're using, but typically 64mb is required (without patching).

It can depend on which ig-platform-id you're using, but typically 64mb is required (without patching).
Hm, ok so If i find out that my laptop is set to 128mb, then I can just leave it alone right? So if thats not the problem, and I have both lilu.kext and graphicsfixup.kext what could be the problem with lagging. Smbios MacBook pro 13,1 and hd 520 configplist, about mac shows that I have hd 520 with 1536 mb. Boot time is also like 2 minutes. I dont think I have graphics acceleration yet because the chess game on mac runs super laggy. I will send my boot log when I get home, and also my config plist.

Hm, ok so If i find out that my laptop is set to 128mb,

It is unlikely.

what could be the problem with lagging.

Lag on boot/login/wake from sleep is usually due to not disabling unused connectors in the framebuffer.

Smbios MacBook pro 13,1 and hd 520 configplist, about mac shows that I have hd 520 with 1536 mb. Boot time is also like 2 minutes. I dont think I have graphics acceleration yet because the chess game on mac runs super laggy. I will send my boot log when I get home, and also my config plist.

No diagnosis possible without "Problem Reporting" files.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hm, ok so If i find out that my laptop is set to 128mb, then I can just leave it alone right? So if thats not the problem, and I have both lilu.kext and graphicsfixup.kext what could be the problem with lagging. Smbios MacBook pro 13,1 and hd 520 configplist, about mac shows that I have hd 520 with 1536 mb. Boot time is also like 2 minutes. I dont think I have graphics acceleration yet because the chess game on mac runs super laggy. I will send my boot log when I get home, and also my config plist.

The memory for this laptop is set to 64mb with the last bios versión.

I just went in the same trouble as you did. Installed the patches thinking the video memory was 32mb and now my vídeo is laggy some times (the chess game is awful by the way). I have to figure out how to disable the patches and kext i have installed or wipe the drive and do it all again from scratch.

The memory for this laptop is set to 64mb with the last bios versión.

I just went in the same trouble as you did. Installed the patches thinking the video memory was 32mb and now my vídeo is laggy some times (the chess game is awful by the way). I have to figure out how to disable the patches and kext i have installed or wipe the drive and do it all again from scratch.
You have to use the HD 520 plist and disable the frabuffer patcj,as well as all the lid closing ones, and slo thinkpad patches.

Just an FYI but if you follow this guide and install intelbacklight kext without applying the patch for it in dsdt, you will not get graphics acceleration till you delete intelbacklight kext or patch it.

In other news, did anyone find a better trackpad kext than the voodoo one from 1st page? I'm thinking our trackpads aren't auctally alps but are elan v4's. Sadly the universal elan smart touchpad kext doesn't work. Would be nice to get drag and drop working.

Just an FYI but if you follow this guide and install intelbacklight kext without applying the patch for it in dsdt, you will not get graphics acceleration till you delete intelbacklight kext or patch it.

In other news, did anyone find a better trackpad kext than the voodoo one from 1st page? I'm thinking our trackpads aren't auctally alps but are elan v4's. Sadly the universal elan smart touchpad kext doesn't work. Would be nice to get drag and drop working.

Absolutely correct with the backlight, for me it makes the startup wait 60! seconds. If we had the source the the August 25th touchpad kext i could probably make it stop clicking when you try to drag.

Absolutely correct with the backlight, for me it makes the startup wait 60! seconds.

It is as expected.
Must patch appropriately before installing IntelBacklight.kext.

I actually did the ACPIbacklight.kext fix and it worked like a charm! Not so hard either! And I wished I knew that the backlight kext was causing my Mac not to get acceleration earlier! But I eventually figured it out. Right now I’m on the hackintosh discord figuring out the trackpad stuff. Windows uses I2C on our laptop. I am also in the process of looking st what exactly our trackpad is with Linux modulales. There is a kext. VoodooI2C and it will help our trackpad get features. You do not need to delete the voodoo kext we already have from this guide as it will overwrite it. It causes a kernel panic right now but with some patching, we may be able to get it to work!

I actually did the ACPIbacklight.kext fix and it worked like a charm! Not so hard either! And I wished I knew that the backlight kext was causing my Mac not to get acceleration earlier! But I eventually figured it out. Right now I’m on the hackintosh discord figuring out the trackpad stuff. Windows uses I2C on our laptop. I am also in the process of looking st what exactly our trackpad is with Linux modulales. There is a kext. VoodooI2C and it will help our trackpad get features. You do not need to delete the voodoo kext we already have from this guide as it will overwrite it. It causes a kernel panic right now but with some patching, we may be able to get it to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back