Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 7359 (Skylake, i7-6500U, Intel HD 520) dual boot OSX El Capitan and Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea what you mean by "Clover gets stuck".

Nothing wrong with using MBR for the USB.
Most computers will boot from either MBR or GPT UEFI USB.
Oh ok thanks I'll stick with MBR and when I boot in non verbose mode, it gets stuck at around 80% of the apple logo and loading line and when in verbose mode, the script ends with "service exited with abnormal code: 1"

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
I've got past that part now... now the issue is the installer. I clicked on disk util,erased my whole hard disk, and made 2 partitions. Then restarted the computer and made windows on one partition. Got everything set up and then restarted again and installed Mac OS Sierra. It reaches at about "6seconds left" and then it crashes and boots back into windows. I booted it in verbose mode..how do I record the error scripts?

I've got past that part now... now the issue is the installer. I clicked on disk util,erased my whole hard disk, and made 2 partitions. Then restarted the computer and made windows on one partition. Got everything set up and then restarted again and installed Mac OS Sierra. It reaches at about "6seconds left" and then it crashes and boots back into windows. I booted it in verbose mode..how do I record the error scripts?

What do you mean by "made windows on one partition"?
Windows should be installed only *after* you install macOS/OS X (just to keep things simple).

And you failed to provide "Problem Reporting" files.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

What do you mean by "made windows on one partition"?
Windows should be installed only *after* you install macOS/OS X (just to keep things simple).

And you failed to provide "Problem Reporting" files.
Ok I've gotten past all of that.. how do I make clover boot with the Fake graphic ID of 0x12345678 without having to change it everytime. And my main problem now is getting the boot loader to my SSD. Windows and Mac works fine. I just have to plug in my USB to boot everytime and after it boots I can take it out. I followed your steps to install clover boot loader to HDD and I installed it to MacOS Sierra(that's what I named my SSD) but when I try to boot it just boots in windows. Thanks for the reply btw

Ok I've gotten past all of that.. how do I make clover boot with the Fake graphic ID of 0x12345678 without having to change it everytime. And my main problem now is getting the boot loader to my SSD. Windows and Mac works fine. I just have to plug in my USB to boot everytime and after it boots I can take it out. I followed your steps to install clover boot loader to HDD and I installed it to MacOS Sierra(that's what I named my SSD) but when I try to boot it just boots in windows. Thanks for the reply btw

What do you mean by "Fake graphic ID"?

What do you mean by "Fake graphic ID"?
Graphics injector on clover screen then FaKeID for intel HD 520. I've got it booting without USB now, but still need to change 0x000000 to 0x12345678 everytime or it won't boot

Kind of new to this, how do I do that, and do I need to change DVMT because my laptop bios sets it to 128mb. I don't know where to find anything... when I first booted everything was fast, then I Installed all of the kexts using kext wizzard and did other stuff like install sound drivers and make it bootable from the SSD. Is that wrong?After that I noticed launchpad was extremely laggy. It was fast before I did all of that. Maybe I'll just reinstall everything again.

Kind of new to this, how do I do that,

ig-platform-id can be changed in Clover Options -> Graphics Injector.

and do I need to change DVMT because my laptop bios sets it to 128mb.

How do you know it is 128mb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back