Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 7348 i5-5200u 10.12.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
First please follow this guide carefully:
[Guide] Dell 7348 i7 using Clover UEFI (10.11) by rafael.armenio
This guide is full of information and should be re-read whenever you encounter a problem.

Then Note:

1. The AppleHDADummy.kext from the guide above is NOT compatible with Sierra, please generate one using AppleHDAPatcher;

2. Don't forget to remove LineIn from layout3.xml.zlib, otherwise it will lead to high CPU usage and slow performance. See this post(solved in #21). For 10.12.2 to 10.12.3, you can simply use the (probably the second) patched HDA attached there.

3. You may use a DSDT (with the patches generated by AppleHDAPatcher and also patches from here).

Last edited:
First please follow this guide carefully:
[Guide] Dell 7348 i7 using Clover UEFI (10.11) by rafael.armenio
This guide is full of information and should be re-read whenever you encounter a problem.

Then Note:

1. The AppleHDADummy.kext from the guide above is NOT compatible with Sierra, please generate one using AppleHDAPatcher;

2. Don't forget to remove LineIn from layout3.xml.zlib, otherwise it will lead to high CPU usage and slow performance. See this post(solved in #21). For 10.12.2 to 10.12.3, you can simply use the (probably the second) patched HDA attached there.

3. You may use a DSDT (with the patches generated by AppleHDAPatcher and also patches from here).
please provide me a complete guide dell 7348 i5 13 inches macos sierra 10.12.5 0r 10.12.6

please provide me a complete guide dell 7348 i5 13 inches macos sierra 10.12.5 0r 10.12.6
the guide is already linked in post 1

I follwed the post i have downloaded ssdt-pnlf.aml to clover/acpi/patched..backlight .plist to config. Plist kext to patch..backlightinjector .kext to L/E. Andpatch my ssdt .aml -- rename gfx0 to igpu. ,But still no brightness control slider ..please help i have already spent days to figure it out...lastly i used minion hda patcher ...this two was my only problems in 10.12.6

I follwed the post i have downloaded ssdt-pnlf.aml to clover/acpi/patched..backlight .plist to config. Plist kext to patch..backlightinjector .kext to L/E. Andpatch my ssdt .aml -- rename gfx0 to igpu. ,But still no brightness control slider ..please help i have already spent days to figure it out...lastly i used minion hda patcher ...this two was my only problems in 10.12.6

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

rehabman thanks i was able to make my dell 7348 brightness slider work and alc255 audio work thru experimentation with days..
my only problem now is my other laptop dell 7559 UHD disc utility cannot detect the hd and m.2 ssd i already applied the nvme patch at clover/kext to patch and sata 100 unsupported kext still no luck..but both drive are detected at bios...lastly if i log in on my dell 7348 using my apple id for facetime ,app store ..i cannot log in

rehabman thanks i was able to make my dell 7348 brightness slider work and alc255 audio work thru experimentation with days..
my only problem now is my other laptop dell 7559 UHD disc utility cannot detect the hd and m.2 ssd i already applied the nvme patch at clover/kext to patch and sata 100 unsupported kext still no luck..but both drive are detected at bios...lastly if i log in on my dell 7348 using my apple id for facetime ,app store ..i cannot log in

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Could you please share with us how you managed to get the brightness sliders and alc255 to work? Btw, does the HDMI audio/video output work?

i will upload my ddst and ssdt ,config plist tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back