Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5379 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.14.1 VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time i did not uploaded the EFI for my laptop to this thread....
Attached is my last one with OC 0.7.6 , for Monterey (and also BS because the bluetooth kexts have been setted for that, but not tested since I upgraded to Monterey)
I know use the BrightnessKeys.kext (no more need SSDT) for brightness, I guess it should work for your laptop
Interesting. I had previously tried BrightnessKeys.kext but couldn't get the keys to work. With your EFI, they work no problem. I wonder if order of kexts or some redundant settings with SSDT were preventing the functionality.

Almost everything, including touchscreen works with Big Sur. The only thing I don't have working is the camera. Does your camera work with FaceTime?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 10.49.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 10.49.37 PM.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 61
Check my SSDT-I2C.aml, the difference for keys may come from :
Scope (\)
{
If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
{
GPEN = One
SDS0 = Zero
OSYS = 0x07DF
\_SB.ACOS = 0x80
\_SB.ACSE = Zero
}
}
Check : OSYS = 0x07DF, I guess it creates a OSYS variable at the good scope needed for both I2C device and also Brightness Keys work
My patches work... but may probably be better written I guess

My camera works with FaceTime (Monterey)

Last edited:
Check my SSDT-I2C.aml, the difference for keys may come from :
Scope (\)
{
If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
{
GPEN = One
SDS0 = Zero
OSYS = 0x07DF
\_SB.ACOS = 0x80
\_SB.ACSE = Zero
}
}
Check : OSYS = 0x07DF, I guess it creates a OSYS variable at the good scope needed for both I2C device and also Brightness Keys work
My patches work... but may probably be better written I guess

My camera works with FaceTime (Monterey)
The brightness keys now also work! :) Just need to figure out the issue with the camera.

The brightness keys now also work! :) Just need to figure out the issue with the camera.
may be a USB configuration issue for the camera ?

check if you get the webcam on HS05 (with Hackintool or IOreg for exemple), there may be some differences in USB mapplng

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-01-10 à 18.04.12.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-01-10 à 18.04.12.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 69
check if you get the webcam on HS05 (with Hackintool or IOreg for exemple), there may be some differences in USB mapplng
It looks like I don't have half the devices you do.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 10.48.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 10.48.20 AM.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 63
It looks like I don't have half the devices you do.
well It seems this is the explanation why you do not have the camera.
You just have to make your own usb mapping fits your laptop and everything should work as expected

well It seems this is the explanation why you do not have the camera.
You just have to make your own usb mapping fits your laptop and everything should work as expected
I was under the impression that USB mapping is identical on our two machines. No? Did you follow RehabMan's guide?

Actually I guess it is not the same mapping, else you should see the camera on HS05. Yours is probably on a port I have removed because not used in my laptop. Also Check the camera works when you are on Windows, if yes the issue probably come with macos

Here is a more recent USB guide than RehabMan's for making all the steps :

Start with config.plist : disable USBMap.kext , enable USBInjectAll.kext and enable XhciPortLimit. Then you will access to all your ports. At this step you can check where the camera is plugged and proceed the mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back