Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5379 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.14.1 VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
got my DW 1560 for years...it is an original from dell
Your issue sounds more like if you have bad connected the card inside the laptop or you have bought a fake/broken card
Try rewiring the stock intel card for checking BT come back, if yes your DW 1560 is the problem
Installing macOS will definitely not help for solving the issue

Yeah I found it odd that it had no serial number data, and it doesn't say DW 1560 on the card it just says BCM94352Z. I reinstalled the stock card and Bluetooth works just fine, are there any retailers besides Dell spare parts I can get the card from?

Here is a Dell 5379 EFI update for OpenCore 0.5.9 working both with Mojave and Catalina

Main improvement from post #71 is to get rid of both the Windows and the Embedded Controller ACPI patch :
rename _OSI -> removed​
rename OSID -> removed​
SSDT-XOSI -> removed​
rename ECDV -> removed, replaced with fake EC​
It took me some time to make everything work because in the absence of an operating system patch, the brightness shortcuts F11/F12 key patch were invalidated at the same time...
The only way i found for brightness keys work is setting OSYS,ACOS,ACSE variables into the I2C SSDT :
OSYS = 0x07DF (windows 2015)​
ACOS = 0x80
ACSE = Zero

One other improvement is dual boot macOS/W10 now work with no W10 devices errors - because almost ACPI patch check the OS ( If (_OSI ("Darwin")) )
macOC is my main OS but I also sometimes boot W10 for one month and I have noted no issues, neither with W10 nor macOS, so I have replaced Clover with Opencore as main bootloader on my drive

About the EFI :
  1. personal fields in the platformInfo->generic section are blank
    1. filled in with your own values : MLB, SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID, ROM (for the ROM value get your NIC address)
  2. BT kexts are missing (mine are installed in L/E and are not provided with the EFI):
    1. add BT kexts to the OC/Kexts folder and in the config.plist kernel section
    2. depending on your macOS version (Mojave or Catalina) : BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmPatchRAM{2,3}.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  3. Bootstrap is activated but i use a custom entry to target the W10 bootloader (replace "Path" in the Misc/entries with your own data if you want to do that way - else remove entry and let opencore find the W10 bootloader should work)
    1. I also let my Microsoft folder in the EFI but it has probably to be replaced with your own folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.3 MB · Views: 457
Here is a Dell 5379 EFI update for OpenCore 0.5.9 working both with Mojave and Catalina

Main improvement from post #71 is to get rid of both the Windows and the Embedded Controller ACPI patch :
rename _OSI -> removed​
rename OSID -> removed​
SSDT-XOSI -> removed​
rename ECDV -> removed, replaced with fake EC​
It took me some time to make everything work because in the absence of an operating system patch, the brightness shortcuts F11/F12 key patch were invalidated at the same time...
The only way i found for brightness keys work is setting OSYS,ACOS,ACSE variables into the I2C SSDT :
OSYS = 0x07DF (windows 2015)​
ACOS = 0x80
ACSE = Zero

One other improvement is dual boot macOS/W10 now work with no W10 devices errors - because almost ACPI patch check the OS ( If (_OSI ("Darwin")) )
macOC is my main OS but I also sometimes boot W10 for one month and I have noted no issues, neither with W10 nor macOS, so I have replaced Clover with Opencore as main bootloader on my drive

About the EFI :
  1. personal fields in the platformInfo->generic section are blank
    1. filled in with your own values : MLB, SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID, ROM (for the ROM value get your NIC address)
  2. BT kexts are missing (mine are installed in L/E and are not provided with the EFI):
    1. add BT kexts to the OC/Kexts folder and in the config.plist kernel section
    2. depending on your macOS version (Mojave or Catalina) : BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmPatchRAM{2,3}.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  3. Bootstrap is activated but i use a custom entry to target the W10 bootloader (replace "Path" in the Misc/entries with your own data if you want to do that way - else remove entry and let opencore find the W10 bootloader should work)
    1. I also let my Microsoft folder in the EFI but it has probably to be replaced with your own folder

Sorry for quoting your entire post, but I've looked into opencore more and more, and I'm wondering if you have managed to fix the iGPU issues? Does the laptop have hardware acceleration in MacOS as in does DRM content such as Netflix, Amazon prime video, etc. work correctly?

fix the iGPU issues? Does the laptop have hardware acceleration in MacOS as in does DRM content such as Netflix, Amazon prime video, etc. work correctly?
Graphic acceleration works for UHD 620
For Amazon video i use FireFox or Chrome, i do not have netflix

Sorry to keep adding to the thread like this, but I got a new card, and yet still the same issue with the BIOS saying the card doesn't have BT working, can you direct me through the process you underwent to get WIFI + BT working in windows, I'm aware of the hackintosh process but can't for the life of me figure out how to get BT + WIFI working on windows....
Thanks again favoriti

Update: I got it to work, you'll need to let windows update find the driver, weird enough I had to put my old wifi card back in so it would work right, either way it worked.

Last edited:
Sorry to ping you again favoriti, but I was wondering if you could possibly share your BIOS settings, I've been running Catalina and now Big Sur but the frequency vectors don't load properly upon boot and I can't figure out what the issue is...
Thanks again,

hey, did you tried puting catlina on this laptop? i have dell inspiron 15 3580 with i5 8265 and i really want to try your efi.

He has look for the Dell Inspiron 5379 you'll find the thread where at the end he gives his EFI for booting Mojave or Catalina.

Here is an updated OpenCore 0.6 EFI booting both Catalina and Big Sur beta
I no more have Mojave for testing but it also should boot
Everything works fine but card reader (no use, disabled in bios)

About the EFI :
  1. personal fields in platformInfo->generic are blank
    1. in config.plist, filled in with your own values : MLB, SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID, ROM (for the ROM value get your NIC address)
  2. I have CFG unlock (with the CFGLock.efi tool provided in the EFI). If it is not your case, enable : AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock in config.plist
  3. W10 dual boot is OK - Bootstrap is activated - i have a custom entry to target the W10 bootloader (replace "Path" in the Misc/entries with your own data if you want to do that way - else you can also remove this entry and let opencore find the W10 bootloader, should work)
    1. I let my Microsoft folder in the provided EFI - replace with your own for W10 dual boot test

Attachments

• EFI 5379 Big Sur.zip
    34.2 MB · Views: 552
Greetings, any chance someone could provide a BIN bios file for me? Having massive issues with Inspiron 5379 Bios, unable to change any settings. When trying to use the dell bios update *.exe file in the Bios Flash Update screen it detects the updated or downgraded bios but simply restarts and still on same bios. Im not 100% sure if the exe file would even work in the bios flash utility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back