Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5379 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.14.1 VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just hangs on end random seed with open core and favoritis efi... So much for a magical easy transition haha
Hi, i had this boot issue at the beginning, in my case it has been solved by setting :
AppleXcpmCfgLock and AppleCpuPmCfgLock to TRUE (should be in the providedEFI)

i am going to upload an EFI updated to OC 0.5.7, in the day maybe this version will help

Hi, i had this boot issue at the beginning, in my case it has been solved by setting :
AppleXcpmCfgLock and AppleCpuPmCfgLock to TRUE (should be in the providedEFI)

i am going to upload an EFI updated to OC 0.5.7, in the day maybe this version will help
Friend, can you please share your uefi folder to me, to correct some errors that I have with vanilla and catalina 10.15.4

Here is an updated OpenCore 0.5.7 EFI booting both 10.14.6 and 10.15.4

Important notes about the EFI :
  1. ACPI Patches are basically a clover hot patches implementation - they are not OS independent
    1. I2C trackpad : as TgtBridge method is not supported with OC I switched to the extra byte method for targeting _CRS and _STA in TPD0 and GPIO -> the patches will need to be adapted for other laptop hardware (will not work in state)
  2. I am still working on removing the _OSI->XOSI and OSID->XSID patches (but have one last issue with the BRT6 patch ...)
  3. platformInfo->generic : to be filled in with your own values : MLB, SUUID, SN, ROM (for the ROM value I have stetted my NIC address and everything is OK like that)
  4. I have some kexts installed in L/E I did not moved to the OC folder : USBInjectAll.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
    1. add the extra kexts you need into the OC/Kexts folder and mind to enable them in the OC config.plist kernel section

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 160
I'm guessing your 3 & 4 are required to be modified in order to ensure a boot? haha- straight copy-paste didn't work sadly- guess my time of being lazy is over.

I'm guessing your 3 & 4 are required to be modified in order to ensure a boot
not sure - probably this can not be done at post installation - but it is a very quick step to copy / paste the clover MLB, SUUID, , SN values and check the missing kexts

Here is an updated OpenCore 0.5.7 EFI booting both 10.14.6 and 10.15.4

Important notes about the EFI :
  1. ACPI Patches are basically a clover hot patches implementation - they are not OS independent
    1. I2C trackpad : as TgtBridge method is not supported with OC I switched to the extra byte method for targeting _CRS and _STA in TPD0 and GPIO -> the patches will need to be adapted for other laptop hardware (will not work in state)
  2. I am still working on removing the _OSI->XOSI and OSID->XSID patches (but have one last issue with the BRT6 patch ...)
  3. platformInfo->generic : to be filled in with your own values : MLB, SUUID, SN, ROM (for the ROM value I have stetted my NIC address and everything is OK like that)
  4. I have some kexts installed in L/E I did not moved to the OC folder : USBInjectAll.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
    1. add the extra kexts you need into the OC/Kexts folder and mind to enable them in the OC config.plist kernel section
friend thank you very much, it helped me a lot. most devices served, only needed bluetooth, I have not managed to make it work.

Damn, I'm having 0 luck getting this to boot on either the existing 10.14.6 install or the Catalina Installer USB- If I boot oepncore from the USB it doesn't even show itself :joy:

Damn, I'm having 0 luck getting this to boot on either the existing 10.14.6 install or the Catalina Installer USB- If I boot oepncore from the USB it doesn't even show itself :joy:
In the BIOS laptop boot menu -> add the path to BOOTx64.efi on your USB stick

Nono, I mean, opencore will start, but it doesn't see the installer USB at all

Specifications:

Display
: 13.3" Full HD IPS TrueLife LED-backlit touchscreen (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support
Processor: Intel Core i5-8250U 1.60 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.40 GHz (Reports in macOS as 1.8GHz)
Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400 MHz
Hard drive: 512GB SSD
Operating system: macOS 10.14.1
PC type: 2 in 1
Media drive: SD card reader
Audio: Waves MaxxAudio Pro (Realtek ALC225)
Video: Intel HD Graphics 620 with shared graphics memory
Ports: 2 USB 3.0 • 1 USB 2.0 • 1 HDMI • Headphone output/Microphone input combo
Battery: 3-cell ~42WHr
Camera: Integrated webcam (VID:0x0bda PID:0x58f3)
Wireless: 802.11ac (Dell DW1560)
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
Dimensions: 12.76 x 8.85 x 0.77-0.80 in (324.80 x 224.40 x 19.55-20.20 mm)
Weight: 3.40 lbs (1.54 kg)
Color: Gray
Other Features: Precision touchpad • TPM 2.0 • Touchpad dimensions: 101 x 69 mm • Security lock slot

What’s working
  • Graphics (Full QE/CI)
  • Audio (including headphone jack)
  • Trackpad (VoodooI2C.kext based - MacBook like experience, with multi-touch gestures like safari zoom, swipe screen switch)
  • Sleep (including Lid close and Lid open)
  • Brightness (including keys)
  • WiFi / Bluetooth (requires replacing card with DW1560)
  • HDMI
  • Battery
  • USB
  • Keyboard
  • Camera
  • Touchscreen
Didn't check
  • Card reader: Don't have any cards to test which anywhere close.
Existing issues
  • EarPods microphone: Doesn't work (laptop microphone works)
  • Wake using keyboard: Doesn't work (power button wake works)
  • HDMI Audio: Doesn't work (I don't use it, so didn't put any effort to make it working)
  • Hibernate: Doesn't work (you can just disable it with "sudo pmset hibernatemode 0"
  • 4K@60Hz and above modes are not available (I know HDMI 1.4 is not supposed to support it, but I get 1440p HiDPI working on other machines which resolution sequence trick)
Installation
  • Just use provided EFI folder

Thanks, I am new to it all but used your EFI and after 2-3 days of hardwork managed to get Mojave on my 5379 working, specs are identical to yours. However, am I right in thinking that this can be upgraded to Catalina? What steps would I need to perform to update to Catalina? Any new files or kexts to be installed? As much help will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back