Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5379 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.14.1 VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an updated OpenCore 0.5.9 EFI booting both 10.14.6 and 10.15.5 - everything working fine but card reader
My wifi /BT is DW1560 (BCM94352)

Notes about the EFI :
  1. Bootstrap is activated , with that setting my laptop automatically booted opencore installed on a USB stick - if not, add the Bootstrap.efi path at first position in the BIOS boot sequence menu
  2. personal fields in the platformInfo->generic section are blank : filled in with your own values : MLB, SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID, ROM (for the ROM value get your NIC address)
  3. add BT kexts into the OC/Kexts folder and mind to add/enable them in the OC config.plist kernel section (mine are installed in L/E so they are not provided with the OpenCore's EFI)
    1. depending on your macOS version (Mojave or Catalina) : BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmPatchRAM{2,3}.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext -

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 368
Just recently came across the forums to install macOS on my Dell Inspiron, I'm looking to replace my WIFI card with the DW1560; although on eBay as well as ****** there are rumors that the BCM94360NG is better suited to work with when it comes to installing macOS and running windows side by side.

Which chip is recommended the DW1560 or should I take a gamble with the BCM94360NG?

So I purchased the DW 1560, although I'm having issues where the BIOS does not recognize that Bluetooth exists on the chip when it clearly does. Are there any ways I can remedy this without reinstalling windows??

Here is an updated OpenCore 0.5.9 EFI booting both 10.14.6 and 10.15.5 - everything working fine but card reader
My wifi /BT is DW1560 (BCM94352)

Notes about the EFI :
  1. Bootstrap is activated , with that setting my laptop automatically booted opencore installed on a USB stick - if not, add the Bootstrap.efi path at first position in the BIOS boot sequence menu
  2. personal fields in the platformInfo->generic section are blank : filled in with your own values : MLB, SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID, ROM (for the ROM value get your NIC address)
  3. add BT kexts into the OC/Kexts folder and mind to add/enable them in the OC config.plist kernel section (mine are installed in L/E so they are not provided with the OpenCore's EFI)
    1. depending on your macOS version (Mojave or Catalina) : BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmPatchRAM{2,3}.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext -

Hello can you help me, to get BCM94352 working on windows? If that is at all possible, sorry if it seems as if I'm spamming this thread.

Hello can you help me, to get BCM94352 working on windows? If that is at all possible, sorry if it seems as if I'm spamming this thread.
DW1560 is a dell device you want to run on a Dell laptop, this should work with no problem, just install the W10 driver

DW1560 is a dell device you want to run on a Dell laptop, this should work with no problem, just install the W10 driver

I Installed the W10 driver, and the WiFi works fine but Bluetooth is not working on Windows 10. Under BIOS it says Bluetooth = none.

Did you completely wipe windows and install Mac and reinstall mac later?

I Installed the W10 driver, and the WiFi works fine but Bluetooth is not working on Windows 10. Under BIOS it says Bluetooth = none.
Does that means BT works with macOS but not with W10 ?
Are you using opencore ? If yes, mind ACPI patches and DSDT/SSDTs are applied to all operating systems . Try disabling your USB config patch before booting W10 to see if better for BT
Also check the DW1560 is well connected inside the laptop

Last edited:
Are you using opencore ? If yes, mind ACPI patches and DSDT/SSDTs are applied to all operating systems . Try disabling your USB config patch before booting W10 to see if better for BT

I have not yet attempted to install MacOS I wanted to make sure that windows was working right before doing so. Should I just attempt to install Mac OS and then see if the problem with W10 Bluetooth issue is fixed?

Also may I know where you got your DW 1560 from? I got mine from Ebay, it says 8XRYC as opposed to the 6XRYC that dell brands as their WiFi card. Although it's the right chip I think I should go through more official means to buy it?

Also may I know where you got your DW 1560 from? I got mine from Ebay, it says 8XRYC as opposed to the 6XRYC that dell brands as their WiFi card. Although it's the right chip I think I should go through more official means to buy it?
got my DW 1560 for years...it is an original from dell
Your issue sounds more like if you have bad connected the card inside the laptop or you have bought a fake/broken card
Try rewiring the stock intel card for checking BT come back, if yes your DW 1560 is the problem
Installing macOS will definitely not help for solving the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back