Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5378 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success! Just needed a bit of cleanup. All good and up to date. Figured out the Hackintool updates.

Great little laptop and now on Catalina!

scratch tha, when I don't inject and I use system as is I get all of it. Now I need to know what is getting injected that breaks.

I already have the upgraded successfully and was migrating from Mojave to Catalina.

you may want to try updating to High Sierra or Mojave with your hardware specs

also:
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Odd, with no change and having the laptop put away it would appear it stopped booting with video. I tested with a usb booter and it seems to work without all my hardware working. No idea what could have broken it. Sigh, I’ll fiddle with it again and see what happened. Maybe an update or perhaps it wasn’t stable.

Ok, I found the system to be horribly unstable. This changed a great deal since Mojave and I'm not able to use it reliably. I also noticed the battery getting degraded and lasting lass than a hour. I have Ubuntu on this laptop as well ,as a comparable, and you really notice the difference of missing hardware support. I think, for now, I'm going to leave off macOS as I have a MacBook Pro 16 and main driver now. I'll try again with Big Sur when it's released in September.

will the i3 7100U version be able to boot with the specific EFI files?
EDIT: I get this error.
Using the config.plist found attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpeg
    IMG_0444.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 132
  • config.plist
    9.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
I've replaced my Wifi with a DW1560 for Wifi+BT. The Broadcom kexts in my EFI have both Wifi and BT working.

I believe the audio chipset is the ALC225. With this install there is no patching of the HDA driver - at least, not by the user. Instead, the AppleALC kext is installed and the layout ID is passed to it, either through config.plist or through a boot argument (which can be specified in config.plist).

I think the keyboard and maybe the trackpad are PS2, rather than I2C. Touchscreen I believe is I2C. Multitouch gestures are working on both trackpad and touchscreen.

Opencore 0.58 came out today, so my EFI is now out of date, three days after I finished making it... All the more reason to make your own, I guess.
I have Inspiron 13 5378 with i7-7500U like you. So far everything works except I see battery message that the capacity is low and service recommended. I checked my DSDT and I don't need a battery patch. How should I fix this?

I have the same laptop please send config.plist

Last edited:
Sounds like old battery issue. I got a battery from amazon and replaced it. Now everything is working great in Bigsur. See attached plist for opencore 0.7.2.

Attachments

• configmacbook72.plist
    33 KB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back