Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5378 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a bootable ub and everything but i have dell inpiron 5368 with i5 6th gen and 8gb ram will this clover file work?

I have a 5378, i7 8gb, I have set up the jump drive to the best of my understanding and I get to the GNU Grub screen an enter the two commands and it never gets to clover... is there something to do to get to clover? I have hackintoshed a 9020 and a 9010 before so I am familiar with clover and bios settings and such, but this is confusing.

Everything is working great! Please tell me has anyone got the gestures working(i mean actual macbook gestures)
Please reply!

Going to make an attempt to get mine up to Catalina. Feel like a weekend project. I am concerned that most of the drivers for this laptop are massively out of date and unmaintained. I did find an updated driver for bluetooth (uncompiled) and a binary for i2c. My guess is we might have some sound issues as I had before.

First things first I'll try to get it installed and get a new version of clover.

Going to make an attempt to get mine up to Catalina. Feel like a weekend project. I am concerned that most of the drivers for this laptop are massively out of date and unmaintained. I did find an updated driver for bluetooth (uncompiled) and a binary for i2c. My guess is we might have some sound issues as I had before.

First things first I'll try to get it installed and get a new version of clover.

I just set mine up with Catalina + OpenCore. It's working flawlessly for me. The only thing I have not yet set up is brightness control via the F11 and F12 keys. I also experience very slight static on the headphone jack, though audio through the speakers works fine, as well as over Bluetooth. I recommend using OpenCore instead of Clover.

I've attached the EFI that I am using. I have removed the serial numbers. Note that this EFI is using the debug version of OpenCore, so it seems to take a while to boot.

I would recommend that you follow the step by step OpenCore Laptop Guide, rather than simply using my EFI. It's possible that our hardware is not identical. Either way, I learned a lot from the (relatively) organized documentation from OpenCore.

Attachments

• 5378 EFI.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 512
Well awesome, great to see there is a working end goal. I'll definitely read the laptop guide. I've been interested in OpenCore and wanted to give that a try.

For the most part I believe what's in mine is normal stuff from what I've read mines a better wifi (I replaced myself from the Intel card.) It's a better AC-compatible wifi card (broadcom.) I don't know if there is a newer driver for it. It also has i2c devices for the keyboard, trackpad, and touch screen. The Audio card is a poor one (business class :lol:) forget he exact chipset but it's not supported by anything other than the patched HDA driver. My fighting with it is on this thread somewhere.

I just set mine up with Catalina + OpenCore. It's working flawlessly for me. The only thing I have not yet set up is brightness control via the F11 and F12 keys. I also experience very slight static on the headphone jack, though audio through the speakers works fine, as well as over Bluetooth. I recommend using OpenCore instead of Clover.

I've attached the EFI that I am using. I have removed the serial numbers. Note that this EFI is using the debug version of OpenCore, so it seems to take a while to boot.

I would recommend that you follow the step by step OpenCore Laptop Guide, rather than simply using my EFI. It's possible that our hardware is not identical. Either way, I learned a lot from the (relatively) organized documentation from OpenCore.

Well awesome, great to see there is a working end goal. I'll definitely read the laptop guide. I've been interested in OpenCore and wanted to give that a try.

For the most part I believe what's in mine is normal stuff from what I've read mines a better wifi (I replaced myself from the Intel card.) It's a better AC-compatible wifi card (broadcom.) I don't know if there is a newer driver for it. It also has i2c devices for the keyboard, trackpad, and touch screen. The Audio card is a poor one (business class :lol:) forget he exact chipset but it's not supported by anything other than the patched HDA driver. My fighting with it is on this thread somewhere.

I've replaced my Wifi with a DW1560 for Wifi+BT. The Broadcom kexts in my EFI have both Wifi and BT working.

I believe the audio chipset is the ALC225. With this install there is no patching of the HDA driver - at least, not by the user. Instead, the AppleALC kext is installed and the layout ID is passed to it, either through config.plist or through a boot argument (which can be specified in config.plist).

I think the keyboard and maybe the trackpad are PS2, rather than I2C. Touchscreen I believe is I2C. Multitouch gestures are working on both trackpad and touchscreen.

Opencore 0.58 came out today, so my EFI is now out of date, three days after I finished making it... All the more reason to make your own, I guess.

I'll give this a try and build a new OC EFI. Looking forward to this! Sounds like it has better support than I was able to put together.

I've replaced my Wifi with a DW1560 for Wifi+BT. The Broadcom kexts in my EFI have both Wifi and BT working.

I believe the audio chipset is the ALC225. With this install there is no patching of the HDA driver - at least, not by the user. Instead, the AppleALC kext is installed and the layout ID is passed to it, either through config.plist or through a boot argument (which can be specified in config.plist).

I think the keyboard and maybe the trackpad are PS2, rather than I2C. Touchscreen I believe is I2C. Multitouch gestures are working on both trackpad and touchscreen.

Opencore 0.58 came out today, so my EFI is now out of date, three days after I finished making it... All the more reason to make your own, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back