Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5378 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this laptop running Mojave.

I disabled the touchscreen to save battery, since a single touch touchscreen is useless for me.

Everything else works fine.

Except sleep. I always get a kernel panic type 14 when waking up. I really, really can't find the kext culprit and my ram modules are fine. No problems on Windows at all.

Anybody else has had this?

Updated to mojave 10.14.4. Only issue is the hdmi port does not work and causes a reboot if I plug in. I'll have to debug as I don't remember what I did to fix before.

I have this laptop running Mojave.

I disabled the touchscreen to save battery, since a single touch touchscreen is useless for me.

Everything else works fine.

Except sleep. I always get a kernel panic type 14 when waking up. I really, really can't find the kext culprit and my ram modules are fine. No problems on Windows at all.

Anybody else has had this?

Getting the touchscreen to work with multi touch is actually really easy - at least in my case.

All I needed to do was install VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext to /L/E. After reboot I can scroll using a two finger swipe on touchscreen, and can move back and forth on webpages with a two finger swipe.

Edit: this is on Mojave btw. My system profiler touchscreen info looks like this (before and after kext install):

Getting the touchscreen to work with multi touch is actually really easy - at least in my case.

All I needed to do was install VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext to /L/E. After reboot I can scroll using a two finger swipe on touchscreen, and can move back and forth on webpages with a two finger swipe.

Edit: this is on Mojave btw. My system profiler touchscreen info looks like this (before and after kext install):View attachment 407002
that's great! I have an i2c touchscreen its a bit more complicated than the usb touch devices. still works great as I have that setup running on my Asus HacBookAir. just a bit different to get up and running fully. I THINK I'm not 100 percent sure, that i2c touch has a couple more features than the usb touch. but I like the usb touch a little bit more than i2c touch, im just not big fan of MY hacbook that has usb touch device.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 7.14.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 7.14.34 PM.png
    278.5 KB · Views: 133
that's great! I have an i2c touchscreen its a bit more complicated than the usb touch devices. still works great as I have that setup running on my Asus HacBookAir. just a bit different to get up and running fully. I THINK I'm not 100 percent sure, that i2c touch has a couple more features than the usb touch. but I like the usb touch a little bit more than i2c touch, im just not big fan of MY hacbook that has usb touch device.
I imagine the 7000 series has more features - do you have pen support, etc with your I2C touchscreen.

Out of curiosity, why do you prefer USB to I2C?

For me, I don't really care - I rarely use the touchscreen, but having swipe support is a nice touch.

I imagine the 7000 series has more features - do you have pen support, etc with your I2C touchscreen.

Out of curiosity, why do you prefer USB to I2C?

For me, I don't really care - I rarely use the touchscreen, but having swipe support is a nice touch.
YES it supports pen! 7000 series is a monster in all aspects. has brilliant build quality and screen is beautiful. what I like most about this 1 is the under clocked 1.8 quad processor that can turbo to 4.0 giving it decent battery life with OK power. I like usb touch more than i2c because the usb drains less power and its easier to configure

hey, i have the same computer but the i5 instead of the i7 and i have couple of problems, i cant get the audio to work and my screen flickers every now and then, specaally when i move icons around or when im using a browser. do you have any fixes for this?

hey, i have the same computer but the i5 instead of the i7 and i have couple of problems, i cant get the audio to work and my screen flickers every now and then, specaally when i move icons around or when im using a browser. do you have any fixes for this?
update hardware profile

good day

before i start do i need a mac laptop to create all the tools i need or can i create using windows laptop : because if i do need a mac system i dont have a mac system so guess that would be a dead end for me

i have a DELL INSPIRON 5368 2 IN 1 running on Intel® Core™ i3-6100U

im having a hard time understanding the steps on installing the mac osx

but i did manage to install os maverick on a custom build desktyop a few years ago

thank you

Last edited:
good day

before i start do i need a mac laptop to create all the tools i need or can i create using windows laptop : because if i do need a mac system i dont have a mac system so guess that would be a dead end for me

i have a DELL INSPIRON 5368 2 IN 1 running on Intel® Core™ i3-6100U

im having a hard time understanding the steps on installing the mac osx

but i did manage to install os maverick on a custom build desktyop a few years ago

thank you
you need a mac or a working hackintosh to create the installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back