Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5378 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your installation did you use Multibeast? You didn't say at all.

No, I used Clover and manually added all the required files to the zip bundle in OP. You shouldn't need it.

Just one question, how long does the battery last ?
Mine manages just over 2h

Mine gets a longer battery than 2 hours. Did you create a DSDT, or are you using my old one that I had removed?

I'm a big noob at Hackintoshing and have one last question. How do you put Kext in /L/E? I know how to put kext in S/L/E with Kext Wizard but I have no idea how to put them into /L/E. Thank you very much.

I'm a big noob at Hackintoshing and have one last question. How do you put Kext in /L/E? I know how to put kext in S/L/E with Kext Wizard but I have no idea how to put them into /L/E. Thank you very much.
I found out how to get to /Library/Extensions but when I drag and drop the files from the zip file to /L/E it says "System Extension Cannot Be Used".

I found out how to get to /Library/Extensions but when I drag and drop the files from the zip file to /L/E it says "System Extension Cannot Be Used".
Code:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions
delete the kext you manually copied into extensions first

Code:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions
delete the kext you manually copied into extensions first
That seemed to work thanks. Last issue I'm having is Audio, I put all the correct Kext in the corresponding locations, however I'm still not getting any audio.

That seemed to work thanks. Last issue I'm having is Audio, I put all the correct Kext in the corresponding locations, however I'm still not getting any audio.

Try this config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.1 KB · Views: 306
So I created an install key by following these instructions exactly:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ported-intel-based-pc.200564/#create_unibeast

When I choose Boot to Mac form USB from the Clover menu The apple logo pops up and the loading bar stays on the very first step.

I have tried 2 separate 32 gb usbs (one USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0)

Unibeast seems not to work or something. I have followed all the preliminary steps EXCEPT I have not switched out the wifi card yet. Could that have something to do with it?

Thanks for all the help

- EDIT -

NEVERMIND - I didnt realise the EFI partition popped up after the install USB finished creating. Once I unmount it I cannot figure out how to remount it but I copied over the files before unmounting and it worked! Currently installing now, will let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back