Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5378 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
AH, ok I found it finally. However, when I wipe my USB to FAT32 and copy over the Shell_EFI folder into a folder named EFI it is still not bootable. Am i doing something wrong here?

I also tried copying it onto the install media usb and it is also not recognized

Again, Sorry for the nooby questions

Did you make sure that Secure Boot is disabled? Also, you will want to use the 'F12' boot selection menu when the laptop first turns on, and select EFI_Shell.

Card Reader
How did you manage to make Card Reader working?
Did it work OOB or have you made some patching or installed any kext?
Thank you.

How did you manage to make Card Reader working?
Did it work OOB or have you made some patching or installed any kext?
Thank you.

Try the SSDT-UIAC.aml attached to this message. I forgot the USB internal port for the card reader when configuring SSDT-UIAC.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    464 bytes · Views: 235
Try the SSDT-UIAC.aml attached to this message. I forgot the USB internal port for the card reader when configuring SSDT-UIAC.
So you are saying that it works without any kext. The only thing that you needed to do was to configure USB ports correctly.
Mine is USB too, but it does not work. I disabled it to spend less power because it does not work.

So you are saying that it works without any kext. The only thing that you needed to do was to configure USB ports correctly.

That is correct. I did not configure SSDT-UIAC correctly.

Mine is USB too, but it does not work. I disabled it to spend less power because it does not work.

Not sure what you mean here, but I am pretty sure it uses power regardless of MacOS recognizing it properly. Credit to RehabMan for the clarification below.

You can keep it disabled, and use the SSDT you are currently using.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean here, but I am pretty sure it uses power regardless of MacOS recognizing it properly. You can keep it disabled, and use the SSDT you are currently using.

There is some evidence that ports which are excluded are powered down (I remembered seeing in the disasm).

Copy the kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts to /System/Library/Extensions.
Already done, but then the Brcm* Kexts are excluded from kernel cache. I get an error "no compatible dependency found" and omits them.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Sorry about that, swamped with work and school currently, will post as soon as I have the chance.

Nevermind, got BT working. I must have had an old copy of the zip as I found out the issue was mismatching versions of BrcmPatchRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareData.

For your installation did you use Multibeast? You didn't say at all.

Just one question, how long does the battery last ?
Mine manages just over 2h

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back