[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5378 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.12.6

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 13-5378-Clover-Mojave
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Hello,

New problem here. I've tried searching the forums and couldn't find my scenario.

Issue: I am not able to see my MacOS boot partition in Clover.

Background: I had successfully installed MacOS Mojave 10.4.2 and everything was working fine. However, during the last known good boot to Mojave, I had enabled FileVault and then Updated Clover to a new version. Upon restart, I noticed the Clover boot screen is not a light/white themed background. Previously, it was the black theme. Now, I am not able to see the boot disk/partition in Clover, however the BIOS recognizes the partition.

Troubleshooting: I have used my original Clover/Mojave USB Bootdisk to see if I could get the partition recognized with the old Clover, but that did not work. However, with this method, I was able to boot to recovery mode.

I do not want to reformat and reinstall. Silly me, I didn't backup some data that I had on there. Looking for help or advice on how to get the boot partition recognized again. I double checked the BIOS settings. Attached the screenshot of where I'm getting stuck for reference.

Attachments

Motherboard
Intel Chipset
CPU
I5 7th Generation
Graphics
Intel HD620
I was able to install everything but once i booted from HDD the keyboard stopped working giving error no keyboard found and wifi was not working can you help please.

Motherboard
Dell Inspire 5378
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Any news about using Majave on this hardware?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270 D3H
CPU
i3-7350K OC 4.5GHz
Graphics
RX 580, 1280x1080
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have another thread about running Mojave on this laptop. It works well.

Motherboard
Dell Latitude 5378
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
Intel 620
I'm experiencing random reboots on this laptop. I can't pinpoint any trigger. They happen both on battery and when plugged in. It has also happened when the laptop is asleep and closed, while connected to an external display (randomly in the middle of the night). When it happens the screen goes completely black (different than shutting down from within macOS). Then the Dell logo and Clover boot menu come up.

After it happens, the USB ports tend to not work, including the internal Broadcom Bluetooth I installed. After a random shutdown USB peripherals seem to not get power.

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm experiencing random reboots on this laptop. I can't pinpoint any trigger. They happen both on battery and when plugged in. It has also happened when the laptop is asleep and closed, while connected to an external display (randomly in the middle of the night). When it happens the screen goes completely black (different than shutting down from within macOS). Then the Dell logo and Clover boot menu come up.

After it happens, the USB ports tend to not work, including the internal Broadcom Bluetooth I installed. After a random shutdown USB peripherals seem to not get power.
You have installed kexts to the wrong location.
Should be installed only to /L/E.
Refer to the FAQ for details:

Motherboard
Dell Latitude 5378
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
Intel 620
You have installed kexts to the wrong location.
Should be installed only to /L/E.
Refer to the FAQ for details:
OK. As I don't remember exactly what I installed, do I need to go into kextcache_log.txt and properly install all the "kext with invalid signatures"? Basically is there a trick to discerning which are the kexts that I incorrectly installed into /S/L/E that need to go into /L/E. I noticed there are some kexts like AppleHDA.kext that have an invalid signature, do those belong in /Library/Extensions as well?

Thanks!

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
OK. As I don't remember exactly what I installed, do I need to go into kextcache_log.txt and properly install all the "kext with invalid signatures"? Basically is there a trick to discerning which are the kexts that I incorrectly installed into /S/L/E that need to go into /L/E. I noticed there are some kexts like AppleHDA.kext that have an invalid signature, do those belong in /Library/Extensions as well?

Thanks!
You should be using AppleALC.kext, not patched AppleHDA.kext...
Refer to the FAQ for details and guides.

Motherboard
Dell Inspire 5378
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Hi guys, I've succeeded in install Mojave on this computer. Everything in my hardware is running (sound internal speakers, microphone, audio port, HDMI (audio over it), camera, etc.) However, there is a stupid thing that is boring for me. The internal card reader (USB2.0-CRW) isn't listed as a in the card reader section (on the System information) and when I insert an SD, its icon appears as a normal disk, not an SD. It is possible to fix it?