Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell 7348 i7 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the brightness be the main problem of the OS not booting? The reason why I'm asking is because the ig-platform-id is the same from the config.plist that works.

Thanks!

Maybe. You should always strive to do things as per best practice.

Maybe. You should always strive to do things as per best practice.

While waiting for your answer, I went ahead and fixed the backlight and it did indeed fix the boot problems. I really appreciate the help once again.

Now I gotta work on the audio fix, as this was also broken after the 10.13.2 update. Any ideas? I was using patched AppleHDA.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Sorry for the delay in responding. The reason was because I decided to upgrade to 10.13.4 before fixing the audio and that seems to have fixed the audio by itself. I didn't have to deal with AppleHDA any longer. It magically started working after the update.

I have an old problem (which was present even before updating to 10.13 series) with this laptop's touchpad. VoodooPS2Controller.kext loads correctly and I have mouse and keyboard working fine, but the touchpad's only multitouch feature that works is the double tap to right click. Additionally if I do a left click using the touchpad lower left portion, it seems to click multiple times on MacOS, like 5 or 6 times (the same problem doesn't happen on Windows, so I'm guessing it may not be a hardware fault). It is a Synaptics, but Dell does not provide any drivers (even for Windows) for this touchpad. I will attach the required error reporting files in a moment. As usual, many thanks for your time and help.

Update: The multiple clicks seem to have been fixed using the latest VoodooPS2Controller version (which I had just installed right before pulling the debug files). I also had the problem of the touchpad and keyboard not working after a fresh reboot or sleep, so I am testing to see if it's gone as well. But the multitouch problem I mentioned still persists.

Attachments

• debug_13110.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 161
Last edited:
But the multitouch problem I mentioned still persists.

You will need to provide details on what you mean by "multitouch problem".

Note: Three finger swipes are configured in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts. Two finger scrolling should work without any additional configuration.

You will need to provide details on what you mean by "multitouch problem".

Note: Three finger swipes are configured in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts. Two finger scrolling should work without any additional configuration.
Perfect! I was able to configure on the keyboard shortcuts. Turns out it was not a problem. Thank you!

How did you disable touchscreen USB port?

One more thing, I have used freqVectorsEdit.sh script and in the "About this Mac" Section it shows i3 instead of i7, how to revert the changes?

How did you disable touchscreen USB port?

You need a custom usb port injector or a custom ssdt-UIAC.aml

One more thing, I have used freqVectorsEdit.sh script and in the "About this Mac" Section it shows i3 instead of i7, how to revert the changes?

You need to reinstall vanilla IOPlatformPlugin.kext. Use fresh install or recovery partition to copy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back