Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell 7348 i7 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy new year @RehabMan

As I made my hack process based on their files and guides, I can see in my config.plist the replace of GPRW is different of yours, is it that you are referring to?

Note: although different, when using a base64_decode tool (for config.plist the key named by find of GPRW) the result is the same for my file and for yours.

- Can you give me a hint of what to do?
Thanks.

You would need to post native DSDT. To change only Method(GPRW,...) -> Method(XPRW,...) the entire method declaration is needed, and the binary replacement must be verified by looking at the DSDT in a hex editor.

I`m having problems with my USB 3.0 ports (two ports on the left of the notebook).
Using the guide attached AppleUSBInjector kext , it do not mount my external toshiba HD 3.0, and i have a message USB device needs power.
With my other external USB3.0 drive a WD everything is ok.
Everything else is working.
Could this be specific external drive problem or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks.

I`m having problems with my USB 3.0 ports (two ports on the left of the notebook).
Using the guide attached AppleUSBInjector kext , it do not mount my external toshiba HD 3.0, and i have a message USB device needs power.

Thanks.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Thanks.

You need to test the same drive on windows.

What's the status of HDMI Video and Audio? I assume it works since this chipset and audio codec typically works but I'd just like confirmation before I pull the trigger on this laptop, lol.

What's the status of HDMI Video and Audio? I assume it works since this chipset and audio codec typically works but I'd just like confirmation before I pull the trigger on this laptop, lol.

Looking at the config.plist, assuming this laptop has a DP connector for external monitor, it would appear to be enabled for HDMI-audio.

Hi Rafael and RehabMan!
Thank´s a lot for the guide!
I have a Inspiron 5548 i7 5500U
I just put the SSDT.aml, SSDT-Hack.aml and config.plist in my EFI and almost everything is done :headbang:
Less the battery status. :cry:
I try the ACPIBatteryManager.kext but dont't work, try ACPIBatteryManager.kext
Try to "patch" SSDT.aml and SSDT-Hack.aml with the RehabMan patch to Inspiron 5548 battery and "brick" my hackintosh, but i preserve a functional copy :)

Do you have something idea for my battery status work?

Sorry about the stupid question and my bad english!

Thanks a lot!

Hi Rafael and RehabMan!
Thank´s a lot for the guide!
I have a Inspiron 5548 i7 5500U
I just put the SSDT.aml, SSDT-Hack.aml and config.plist in my EFI and almost everything is done :headbang:
Less the battery status. :cry:
I try the ACPIBatteryManager.kext but dont't work, try ACPIBatteryManager.kext
Try to "patch" SSDT.aml and SSDT-Hack.aml with the RehabMan patch to Inspiron 5548 battery and "brick" my hackintosh, but i preserve a functional copy :)

Do you have something idea for my battery status work?

Sorry about the stupid question and my bad english!

Thanks a lot!

Did you follow post #1 exactly as written?

dell ispiron 7348 i5-5200u
when i tried to type at prompt ---setup_var 0X18C 0X3 it said that no such setup_var command upon booting from efi shell what's the solution please help

Did you follow post #1 exactly as written?

Yes,
The curios part as when i enable "Show battery status.." the battery icon is showing correctly, but less the one second after this appear the "x" and "Low Battery" notification are show.
Maybe kext's installed incorrectly?

Thanks for try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back