Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell 15 5577 Works with Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
HDMI on your device is hardwired to Nvidia GPU. You may try by installing web drivers and turning off patches that disable NVIDIA.
System doesn’t boot when web drivers are missing. Anyways, leave it. I don’t think you are getting what I suggested you to follow.

In short, if you can’t get Nvidia working, HDMI won’t work on this series (Inspiron 15 gaming) as it is connected to the DGPU stead of IGPU.
hi,my computer is the same to you,i use your profile is good,but my hdmi is not use,do you have any solution?

This is why you should always test things in Windows and determine which graphics device the HDMI port is connected to. That way you know how to proceed with enabling it in macOS. Because proceeding as if it is connected to Intel HD, when it is actually connected to Nvidia, will provide no success.

This is why you should always test things in Windows and determine which graphics device the HDMI port is connected to.
The newer 7567 series has HDMI on DPGU (don’t have the hardware, read on many forums) hence I asked him to try his luck.

Had no idea that in 5577 HDMI is on IGPU.

Anyways, I read somewhere that despite installing the web drivers (HDMI on DGPU) it either fails to load up or boots up with no acceleration. Have you ever seen any instances where one might have got this kind of setup (Internal on IGPU and HDMI on DPGU) working?

The newer 7567 series has HDMI on DPGU (don’t have the hardware, read on many forums) hence I asked him to try his luck.

Had no idea that in 5577 HDMI is on IGPU.

Anyways, I read somewhere that despite installing the web drivers (HDMI on DGPU) it either fails to load up or boots up with no acceleration. Have you ever seen any instances where one might have got this kind of setup (Internal on IGPU and HDMI on DPGU) working?

My suggestion is that the user first check in Windows to find out for sure what device HDMI is connected to.
Then proceed in macOS depending.

Only the person with the laptop can perform this check in Windows.

My computer is the same to you.Can you feel the surface of the keyboard is hot?I feel scared.I want to know if you have the same problem with your EFI files.

Hi, I've been trying to install Mojave for some time now, without luck. I have your same system (except with i7). The installation goes fine, but after installation, I'm unable to boot into the disk. It throws a kernel panic and then reboots. Any suggestions?

Hi, I've been trying to install Mojave for some time now, without luck. I have your same system (except with i7). The installation goes fine, but after installation, I'm unable to boot into the disk. It throws a kernel panic and then reboots. Any suggestions?
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back