Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell 15 5577 Works with 10.13.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for the late reply ... was busy with my exams.

on the contrary RehabMan I went through the FAQ s and at that time I didn't know any other way to check dvmt pre alloc, at present after scouring the internet I still haven't figured out a way to accurately determine my dvmt pre alloc using windows machine. (my edu..background is medicine so most of the in-depth tech stuff is very hard for me to understand. ).

any ways after searching a lot on the internet I extracted my BIOS, I shall attach the files here hopefully someone can tell my dvmt prealloc from that.

so this is what I did , I downloaded my Bios from the dell website,
-in cmd using the command "filename /writeromfile." I was able to extract from the bios.exe file
-then I opened the BIOS file using "UEFITool_0.22.4_win".
-Found the module labeled with Setup and extracted the PE32 image section and converted to text using Universal IFR Extractor.
I shall attach the BIOS file and converted IFR text file, please let me know my dvmt pre alloc if possible using the files, if not possible please direct me to a guide on how to check dvmt prealloc on a windows machine.

if my BIOS file can provide all the necessary answers please provide me a tailored config.plist for my laptop I would be very grateful
Open the Screen Resolution window, click the Advanced settings and check Dedicated Video Memory.

But how did u flash the bios? i had tried to mod my bios but i can't flash it!
I did not flash or mod my bios I just want to find out my dvmt prealloc, so I just downloaded my current version of bios from dell website and extracted it that’s all.

Open the Screen Resolution window, click the Advanced settings and check Dedicated Video Memory.

As per FAQ, you cannot rely on Windows to determine DVMT-prealloc...

IMPORTANT!: Contrary to many of the guides you will read, Windows is NOT a valid way to determine what DVMT-prealloc is set to. There is no correlation, especially with Windows 10.

sorry for the late reply ... was busy with my exams.

on the contrary RehabMan I went through the FAQ s and at that time I didn't know any other way to check dvmt pre alloc, at present after scouring the internet I still haven't figured out a way to accurately determine my dvmt pre alloc using windows machine. (my edu..background is medicine so most of the in-depth tech stuff is very hard for me to understand. ).

any ways after searching a lot on the internet I extracted my BIOS, I shall attach the files here hopefully someone can tell my dvmt prealloc from that.

so this is what I did , I downloaded my Bios from the dell website,
-in cmd using the command "filename /writeromfile." I was able to extract from the bios.exe file
-then I opened the BIOS file using "UEFITool_0.22.4_win".
-Found the module labeled with Setup and extracted the PE32 image section and converted to text using Universal IFR Extractor.
I shall attach the BIOS file and converted IFR text file, please let me know my dvmt pre alloc if possible using the files, if not possible please direct me to a guide on how to check dvmt prealloc on a windows machine.

if my BIOS file can provide all the necessary answers please provide me a tailored config.plist for my laptop I would be very grateful

RehabMan or maquedexiju any updates for me on the quoted thread???

Here is my EFI (the same laptop with u)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 411
I found it on the bios u post and saw the DVMT-pre is 32MB
can you explain how you determined that my dvmt prealloc 32mb from my bios file.
thank you for the quick reply Weixuan.
and were u able to install high sierra on your lap ?

can you explain how you determined that my dvmt prealloc 32mb from my bios file.
thank you for the quick reply Weixuan.
and were u able to install high sierra on your lap ?
I had success install high sierra on my laptop.
And i use the AMI tool to open ur bios (u had uploaded last time), and it showed me that is 32MB.

I had success install high sierra on my laptop.
And i use the AMI tool to open ur bios (u had uploaded last time), and it showed me that is 32MB.
Can u please share the config.plist file that you used which enabled you to install high sierra

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back